Forums de discussion

Toggle Controls button not visible

Paul Allain, modifié il y a 6 années.

Toggle Controls button not visible

Junior Member Publications: 77 Date d'inscription: 03/09/13 Publications récentes
Why is this problem still present a year after it's been reported as a bug?

Toggle Controls button not visible .

Am I the only one who finds this annoying as hell?
thumbnail
Jorge Díaz, modifié il y a 6 années.

RE: Toggle Controls button not visible

Liferay Master Publications: 753 Date d'inscription: 09/01/14 Publications récentes
Hi Paul,

That bug was solved in LPS-67545 (a year ago) and it is included in Liferay 7 GA4

So if you update your installation to GA4 (or if you are using DXP, install any fixpack greater than fp5) you will have the problem resolved.

Regards,
Jorge
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modifié il y a 6 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 6403 Date d'inscription: 23/09/08 Publications récentes
Jorge Díaz:
if you are using DXP, install any fixpack greater than fp5) you will have the problem resolved.

Hm... are you sure? Just 2 days ago I reopened (and uploaded screenshots to) LPS-67891. (I didn't check on CE GA4 though)

To answer the original question

Why is this problem still present a year after it's been reported as a bug?

probably because there's a very easy workaround (documented in forum posts linked from that issue) and everybody who has their own theme (>90% of people in production) can easily add this CSS there. The others have access to the page settings and the extra CSS.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see this fixed, but I understand that there might be more pressing issues that are fixed first. Anyway - there are several ways to get the issue fixed sooner. The most obvious one is documented here. Another one that I can think of is through a ticket in LESA, the enterprise-customer issue tracker.
Paul Allain, modifié il y a 6 années.

Junior Member Publications: 77 Date d'inscription: 03/09/13 Publications récentes
Hi Jorge,

Thanks for your reply.

Jorge Díaz:
That bug was solved in LPS-67545 (a year ago) and it is included in Liferay 7 GA4

The reason why I started this thread is due to the fact that I was expecting the fix to be deployed with GA4 and was surprised when I ran a fresh install that the bug was still there.

Cheers
Paul
thumbnail
Jorge Díaz, modifié il y a 6 années.

Liferay Master Publications: 753 Date d'inscription: 09/01/14 Publications récentes
About my previous message, the fixed issue in LPS-67545 was "toogle controls" button could be clicked because it was hidden by a popup message. That bug is solved in Liferay 7.0 GA4

About "toogle controls" button is not displayed in desktop mode, that is the expected behaviour, see LPS-67891 following comment:
https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-67891?focusedCommentId=1117464&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-1117464
This is the intended behaviour. Since we have hover on desktop, we do not want to show the edit control. It should only show in mobile devices where the default is to always show the boxes and the edit control allows a user to disable them (disabling portlet_topper).

You can also see the explanation here: https://dev.liferay.com/discover/portal/-/knowledge_base/7-0/publishing-basic-web-content#displaying-web-content
Note: If you’re using a mobile device or tablet and you’d like to view your page the way your users will see it (i.e., without all the app controls and icons), go up to the top Control Menu and select the Toggle Controls icon (icon-edit-controls.png). This makes all those extra controls you see as a Liferay administrator disappear. You’ll also notice the icon is crossed out when the Toggle Controls are disabled. If you need to use the controls again, just select the icon again to return to the original format.

This button is not displayed when viewing the page from a desktop computer. This is because apps displayed from a desktop computer hide their controls by default, and can be rendered by hovering over the app. To test out your page from different devices, select the Simulation button (icon-simulation.png) from the right corner of the top Control Menu.