Forums de discussion

Redirect after login

Mahesh Salunkhe, modifié il y a 6 années.

Redirect after login

New Member Publications: 8 Date d'inscription: 05/09/12 Publications récentes
Hi All ,

I am facing an issue where i have list of document on public pages. When guest user tries to open a document (protected document , set permission on document that guest user can't see), user will be redirected to login screen (third party authentication used). After user logs in, a sign-in page remains open and excel file gets downloaded.

Issue - I want to get rid of newly opened sign-in page in a new tab. In case of third party authentication, i see saml authenticates user and kept that tab opened where user see loader screen.
Since in desktop , user can come back to first tab where user has opened public site but in mobile - user see's rotating/loading screen. I want to have solution in case of handling xlsx files only.

Document types - pdf, .xlxs
Document opening methods - Pdf (opened in a new tab ), xlsx(auto download)

What is suggested here to have solution to this problem. Anyone has encountered this before?
thumbnail
Andrew Jardine, modifié il y a 6 années.

RE: Redirect after login

Liferay Legend Publications: 2416 Date d'inscription: 22/12/10 Publications récentes
Hi Mahesh,

I'm not entirely sure I follow your explanation, but I'm willing to give it a shot. I would start by saying, you probably shouldn't be showing users content that is not available to them unless they are signed in, before they are signed in. I'm pretty sure that kind of teasing would fall into the category of "Poor User Experience". If you have that option, I would use the other approach as it would probably solve your issue.

-- but let's assume that you don't have any option though and try solve the problem you have at hand. Answer this question for me first. You mentioned an third party auth. Can you explain what that third party is? what they auth type is? how is configured in your solution so that Liferay knows to send them there -- etc.