Forums de discussion

asset publisher not showing anything in lifery 7

juan meza, modifié il y a 6 années.

asset publisher not showing anything in lifery 7

Regular Member Publications: 228 Date d'inscription: 06/01/14 Publications récentes
hi, i have liferay 7 GA3,

i have an asset publisher and i created several web contents... but the asset publisher is not showing anything despite configuring it to show web contents... do i have to do something else?

i also tried other events, like calendar events... still the asset publisher is not showing anything

thanks !
thumbnail
Christoph Rabel, modifié il y a 6 années.

RE: asset publisher not showing anything in lifery 7

Liferay Legend Publications: 1554 Date d'inscription: 24/09/09 Publications récentes
Does the search work? Anything in the logfiles?
Maybe you could try to reindex everything.

Regular Member Publications: 228 Date d'inscription: 06/01/14 Publications récentes
it may be an indexion problem... now that you mention it.. because i cant even choose an asset even if i choose manual instead of dynamic on the asset publisher configuration... i choose manual and then i cant find anything...

how can i reindex everything? or check it for default so everything gets indexed when i save or publish the asset?

thank you!
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Publications: 1554 Date d'inscription: 24/09/09 Publications récentes
To check if something is indexed, you could use the search portlet.
You can reindex in Control Panel -> Configuration -> Serveradministration page.

But I think it won't help you, I think something is wrong with elasticsearch. But you should see at least some errors related to elasticsearch in the logfile.
thumbnail
Jorge Díaz, modifié il y a 6 années.

Liferay Master Publications: 753 Date d'inscription: 09/01/14 Publications récentes
Christoph Rabel:
To check if something is indexed, you could use the search portlet.

You can also use my Index Checker portlet, see: https://web.liferay.com/marketplace/-/mp/application/70121999

hi! it is an elasticsearch problem!!

can you help me? i cant event find it in "Control Panel → Configuration → System Settings → Foundation.", so the module isn't even starting

i know that i added some configurations some days ago, but i didnt notice that i screwd everything up...
how can i delete or reset the configurations via windows explorer? maybe the configurations are written in a file in tomcat, and i can go and delete the ones i added or something like that?

thank you!!
thumbnail

What does the logfile tell you?
There have to be errors about elasticsearch. You should first find out what the problem is before you try to fix/change anything.

The configuration is stored in the database, so you would need to correct it manually, which is pretty dangerous. But before you even think about messing with it, please look into the logfiles.

hi christop!
this is the log, when the server starts:
18:35:55,802 ERROR [localhost-startStop-1][com_liferay_portal_search:97] [com.liferay.portal.search.internal.SearchEngineHelperImpl(1347)] The addSearchEngineConfigurator method has thrown an exception 
SettingsException[Failed to load settings from [cluster_    routing_        allocation_            disk_                threshold_enabled: False]]; nested: ElasticsearchParseException[malformed, expected settings to start with 'object', instead was [VALUE_STRING]]; [Sanitized]
	at org.elasticsearch.common.settings.Settings$Builder.loadFromSource(Settings.java:1050)
	at com.liferay.portal.search.elasticsearch.internal.connection.BaseElasticsearchConnection.loadAdditionalConfigurations(BaseElasticsearchConnection.java:133)
	at com.liferay.portal.search.elasticsearch.internal.connection.BaseElasticsearchConnection.connect(BaseElasticsearchConnection.java:63)
	at com.liferay.portal.search.elasticsearch.connection.ElasticsearchConnectionManager.connect(ElasticsearchConnectionManager.java:51)
	at com.liferay.portal.search.elasticsearch.internal.ElasticsearchEngineConfigurator.initialize(ElasticsearchEngineConfigurator.java:89)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.search.AbstractSearchEngineConfigurator$1.dependenciesFulfilled(AbstractSearchEngineConfigurator.java:70)
	at com.liferay.registry.dependency.ServiceDependencyManager.verifyDependencies(ServiceDependencyManager.java:146)
	at com.liferay.registry.dependency.ServiceDependencyManager$ServiceDependencyServiceTrackerCustomizer.addingService(ServiceDependencyManager.java:242)
	at com.liferay.registry.internal.ServiceTrackerCustomizerAdapter.addingService(ServiceTrackerCustomizerAdapter.java:35)
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdding(ServiceTracker.java:941)
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdding(ServiceTracker.java:1)
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.AbstractTracked.trackAdding(AbstractTracked.java:256)
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.AbstractTracked.trackInitial(AbstractTracked.java:183)
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker.open(ServiceTracker.java:318)
	at com.liferay.registry.internal.ServiceTrackerWrapper.open(ServiceTrackerWrapper.java:191)
	at com.liferay.registry.dependency.ServiceDependency.open(ServiceDependency.java:73)
	at com.liferay.registry.dependency.ServiceDependencyManager.registerDependencies(ServiceDependencyManager.java:72)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.search.AbstractSearchEngineConfigurator.afterPropertiesSet(AbstractSearchEngineConfigurator.java:79)
	at com.liferay.portal.search.internal.SearchEngineHelperImpl.addSearchEngineConfigurator(SearchEngineHelperImpl.java:296)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.helper.BaseMethod.invokeMethod(BaseMethod.java:222)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.helper.BaseMethod.access$500(BaseMethod.java:37)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.helper.BaseMethod$Resolved.invoke(BaseMethod.java:615)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.helper.BaseMethod.invoke(BaseMethod.java:499)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.helper.BindMethod.invoke(BindMethod.java:41)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManager.doInvokeBindMethod(DependencyManager.java:1660)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManager.invokeBindMethod(DependencyManager.java:1636)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.SingleComponentManager.invokeBindMethod(SingleComponentManager.java:370)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManager$MultipleDynamicCustomizer.addedService(DependencyManager.java:319)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManager$MultipleDynamicCustomizer.addedService(DependencyManager.java:295)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdded(ServiceTracker.java:1215)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdded(ServiceTracker.java:1136)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$AbstractTracked.trackAdding(ServiceTracker.java:945)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$AbstractTracked.track(ServiceTracker.java:881)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$Tracked.serviceChanged(ServiceTracker.java:1167)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.BundleComponentActivator$ListenerInfo.serviceChanged(BundleComponentActivator.java:120)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.FilteredServiceListener.serviceChanged(FilteredServiceListener.java:109)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.dispatchEvent(BundleContextImpl.java:917)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue.dispatchEventSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:148)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.publishServiceEventPrivileged(ServiceRegistry.java:862)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.publishServiceEvent(ServiceRegistry.java:801)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistrationImpl.register(ServiceRegistrationImpl.java:127)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.registerService(ServiceRegistry.java:225)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.registerService(BundleContextImpl.java:464)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager$3.register(AbstractComponentManager.java:869)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager$3.register(AbstractComponentManager.java:857)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.RegistrationManager.changeRegistration(RegistrationManager.java:133)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.registerService(AbstractComponentManager.java:915)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.activateInternal(AbstractComponentManager.java:715)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManager$SingleStaticCustomizer.addedService(DependencyManager.java:954)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManager$SingleStaticCustomizer.addedService(DependencyManager.java:915)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdded(ServiceTracker.java:1215)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdded(ServiceTracker.java:1136)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$AbstractTracked.trackAdding(ServiceTracker.java:945)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$AbstractTracked.track(ServiceTracker.java:881)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$Tracked.serviceChanged(ServiceTracker.java:1167)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.BundleComponentActivator$ListenerInfo.serviceChanged(BundleComponentActivator.java:120)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.FilteredServiceListener.serviceChanged(FilteredServiceListener.java:109)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.dispatchEvent(BundleContextImpl.java:917)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue.dispatchEventSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:148)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.publishServiceEventPrivileged(ServiceRegistry.java:862)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.publishServiceEvent(ServiceRegistry.java:801)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistrationImpl.register(ServiceRegistrationImpl.java:127)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.registerService(ServiceRegistry.java:225)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.registerService(BundleContextImpl.java:464)
	at com.liferay.portal.bootstrap.ModuleFrameworkImpl._registerService(ModuleFrameworkImpl.java:1053)
	at com.liferay.portal.bootstrap.ModuleFrameworkImpl._registerApplicationContext(ModuleFrameworkImpl.java:1019)
	at com.liferay.portal.bootstrap.ModuleFrameworkImpl.registerContext(ModuleFrameworkImpl.java:331)
	at com.liferay.portal.module.framework.ModuleFrameworkUtilAdapter.registerContext(ModuleFrameworkUtilAdapter.java:71)
	at com.liferay.portal.spring.context.PortalContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(PortalContextLoaderListener.java:346)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4812)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5255)
	at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:147)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:725)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:701)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:717)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:585)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployDescriptor.run(HostConfig.java:1794)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: ElasticsearchParseException[malformed, expected settings to start with 'object', instead was [VALUE_STRING]]
	at org.elasticsearch.common.settings.loader.XContentSettingsLoader.load(XContentSettingsLoader.java:65)
	at org.elasticsearch.common.settings.loader.XContentSettingsLoader.load(XContentSettingsLoader.java:45)
	at org.elasticsearch.common.settings.loader.YamlSettingsLoader.load(YamlSettingsLoader.java:46)
	at org.elasticsearch.common.settings.Settings$Builder.loadFromSource(Settings.java:1047)
	... 87 more

any ideas?

what i did that screwed everything up was to add a configuration to elasticsearch, because my hard drive was almost full, and i kept getting elasticsearch warnings, and i didnt see my traces or got lost there, so i added what i thought was a configuration to stop the messages, but i guess i did it wrong... where could i delete this in the data base?

im guessing ill have to reinstall liferay... but if i can avoid it that would be great!
thumbnail

I don't like to recommend doing anything in the database directly.

I think, the configuration is stored in the PortalPreferences table and you would need to find it in there and delete it manually. But you should create a backup of the database before doing anything like that.
thumbnail
Russell Bohl, modifié il y a 6 années.

Expert Publications: 291 Date d'inscription: 13/02/13 Publications récentes
Look in Liferay_Home_/osgi/config, and see if there's a file called

com.liferay.portal.search.elasticsearch.configuration.ElasticsearchConfiguration.cfg

You can revert the configuration there. Change the file, save, and restart Liferay. If worst comes to worst, you can delete the configuration file entirely and restart Liferay to restore the default Elasticsearch configuration. This would of course revert you to using the EMBEDDED mode for Elasticsearch. I'm assuming you're talking about a devevelopment/testing situation here.

Hi Russell...
Thank you... i tried it but i didnt find any elasticsearch configuration there... i just have 3 files... so i guess i screwed it up bad from the begining that it didnt even get saved there...
i guess ill have to reinstall liferay... it is a development enviroment so its not that big of a deal

thank you anyway, i learned something emoticon