Forums de discussion

Liferay 7 GA4 Errors

Marcel Liphardt, modifié il y a 6 années.

Liferay 7 GA4 Errors

Junior Member Publications: 28 Date d'inscription: 04/01/17 Publications récentes
So I just started Liferay 7 GA4 on my server and it immediately throws errors although I only changed the database connection to use MariaDB.
What is going on? I attached my error log.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 6 années.

RE: Liferay 7 GA4 Errors

Liferay Legend Publications: 14914 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
Whenever you see a slew of stack traces, always go to the first one. It usually points to the cause, the exceptions that follow are just side effects of the original failure.

In your case the first one is:

12:33:37,057 INFO  [default task-33][HikariDataSource:95] HikariPool-3 - Starting...
12:33:38,151 ERROR [default task-33][HikariPool:534] HikariPool-3 - Exception during pool initialization.
java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: Could not connect: Unknown database 'lportal'
	at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.util.ExceptionMapper.get(ExceptionMapper.java:134)

I think you'll admit that the cause is pretty clear....

Come meet me at the 2017 LSNA!

Junior Member Publications: 28 Date d'inscription: 04/01/17 Publications récentes
Sry I just fixed the first error. Pls go a little bit further down.
The problem is the command denied error for a few tables.
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Publications: 14914 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
You mean:

12:41:29,494 INFO  [ServerService Thread Pool -- 63][ReleaseLocalServiceImpl:126] Create tables and populate with default data
12:41:34,526 WARN  [ServerService Thread Pool -- 63][BaseDB:467] (conn:139) INDEX command denied to user 'Frontend'@'innobi' for table 'address'_Query is : create index IX_923BD178 on Address (companyId, classNameId, classPK, mailing): create index IX_923BD178 on Address (companyId, classNameId, classPK, mailing);_ [Sanitized]
12:41:34,526 WARN  [ServerService Thread Pool -- 63][BaseDB:467] (conn:139) INDEX command denied to user 'Frontend'@'innobi' for table 'address'_Query is : create index IX_9226DBB4 on Address (companyId, classNameId, classPK, primary_): create index IX_9226DBB4 on Address (companyId, classNameId, classPK, primary_);_ [Sanitized]

That is quite clear too. The user account that you use to connect to the database must have DBA access as Liferay will be making changes during installation, upgrade, etc.

Marcel Liphardt:
13:22:12,502 ERROR [ServerService Thread Pool -- 82][com_liferay_portal_upgrade:97] Invocation to listener threw exception
java.lang.RuntimeException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.upgrade.UpgradeException: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: (conn:184) Table 'bookmarksentry' already exists_Query is : create table BookmarksEntry (_uuid_ varchar(75) null,_entryId bigint not null primary key,_groupId bigint,_companyId bigint,_userId bigint,_userName varchar(75) null,_createDate datetime(6) null,_modifiedDate datetime(6) null,_resourceBlockId bigint,_folderId bigint,_treePath longtext null,_name varchar(255) null,_url longtext null,_description longtext null,_visits integer,_priority integer,_lastPublishDate datetime(6) null,_status integer,_statusByUserId bigint,_statusByUserName varchar(75) null,_statusDate datetime(6) null_) engine InnoDB [Sanitized]

Ok, but why does Liferay still try to create this table for example every time ???
thumbnail

Likely due to a previous failure where it failed to update the release table so it keeps trying.

Since this is a new start, I'd recommend dropping the database and start over, let the clean startup process the tables correctly.

Right now it would seem to be stuck in a failed upgrade loop and the easiest way to get by it will be to just start over.

Marcel Liphardt:
15:05:32,957 ERROR [ServerService Thread Pool -- 72][JDBCExceptionReporter:234] Incorrect string value: '\xE7\xA4\xBE\xE4\xBA\xA4...' for column 'name' at row 1
15:05:32,957 WARN [ServerService Thread Pool -- 72][PortalInstanceLifecycleListenerManagerImpl:133] Unable to register portal instance {mvccVersion=1, companyId=20116, accountId=20118, webId=liferay.com, key=d4lJrT/MbvpgqoyYXxZfsQ==, mx=liferay.com, homeURL=, logoId=0, system=false, maxUsers=0, active=true}
org.hibernate.exception.DataException: Could not execute JDBC batch update
at org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.convert(SQLStateConverter.java:102)

Now I got rid of many errors but not this one. What am I missing here?
Where do I have to add my mariaDB driver jar other than in wildfly root.war/lib/WEB-inf/lib ???
thumbnail

Is your maria db created as unicode?

Ok, thanks this really helped.

But now I signed in with my default admin settings but I can't change anything in the settings???
I am an admin!
thumbnail
Andrew Jardine, modifié il y a 6 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 2416 Date d'inscription: 22/12/10 Publications récentes
Are there any new errors in your log that you can share?

The log doesn't tell me anything. Text fields are greyed out but I can still insert text ???
Drop down menus won't work though. At the beginning I changed the default language to german and the title and left the rest as it was.

I can even place portlets on my webpage but then I can't delete them again cause I don't have the permission?

This is the only log I am getting, but this only means that it can't connect to a mail server or not?

Pièces jointes:

So far the GA4 release is very disappointing.
I really think that GA3 had less problems at least I had less.
thumbnail
Jamie Sammons, modifié il y a 6 années.

Expert Publications: 297 Date d'inscription: 05/09/14 Publications récentes
Hi Marcel,

I just tested this with the Wildfly bundle and MariaDB 10.2.

For the JDBC Driver:

I modified liferay-ce-portal-7.0-ga4/wildfly-10.0.0/modules/com/liferay/portal/main/module.xml and change mysql.jar to mariadb.jar since mariadb jar was here but not loaded.

I was able to recreate the issue with the drop downs and I think you are running into:
https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-54266

This PR highlights the fix.
https://github.com/brianchandotcom/liferay-portal/pull/49745/files

I made a quick fragment bundle to include the change in the .jsp and it fixed the issues for me. I’m attaching the fragment bundle to this posting. Drop it in your osgi/modules directory to deploy.

Hope that helps.

Hey Jamie,
I can't tell if your fix can help me out cause Im always gettin this message that Liferay wasn't able to load the jdbc driver:
(org.mariadb.jdbc.Driver from [Module "deployment.ROOT.war:main" from Service Module Loader])
Any idea?
thumbnail

Hey Marcel,

That's what I was hoping the first part would help with:

I modified liferay-ce-portal-7.0-ga4/wildfly-10.0.0/modules/com/liferay/portal/main/module.xml and change mysql.jar to mariadb.jar since mariadb jar was here but not loaded.

Hey Jamie,
it really worked, I am so happy that you were able to help me really thankful emoticon.
thumbnail

Hey Marcel, Good to hear! Did the patch resolve the issue you were having with the drop downs and text fields then?

Yes it did, now the portal works just fine. Istill have two complains though:
1. I use the web content portlet on our site and I used the program code for the facebook app page. The problem is that this site sometimes just won't load and you have to press F5 if you want it to load?
2. I think that the Liferay website, at least if you open it with localhost:8080, stutters/lags if you switch through the menus or the control panel?

Any help would be appreciated.