Forums de discussion

Sorting in Message boards

ALSHAFEEK B, modifié il y a 12 années.

Sorting in Message boards

New Member Publications: 12 Date d'inscription: 30/05/11 Publications récentes
My messages in corresponding threads are not sorted order..Please help me in customising
thumbnail
tinu c p, modifié il y a 12 années.

RE: Sorting in Message boards

Junior Member Publications: 78 Date d'inscription: 07/01/10 Publications récentes
What is the sorting u are seeing it will be latest added at bottom. how u need sorting as ?

Thanks,
AP

It not sorting ..i need Last message as first then second last like that.....Date in Descending order/.........
thumbnail

Junior Member Publications: 78 Date d'inscription: 07/01/10 Publications récentes
Hi,

Please refer below forum link it has the class and query u can try if that solves ur problem.

http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/8934563

Thanks,
AP

Icant see the corresponding query in the custom .ql
venky racha, modifié il y a 12 années.

Junior Member Publications: 52 Date d'inscription: 26/07/09 Publications récentes
did u write your custom portlet or using existing message board portlet??

No am using the same port let...i didnt custom..please help me in customizing the existing port let.....

Junior Member Publications: 52 Date d'inscription: 26/07/09 Publications récentes
There is no configuration for message portlet to sort results so if you write your own portlet you can do it.

can u help me in writing a portlet?...

Create portlet and just use liferay API service methods you can retrive list from liferay database and configure liferay custom tag files so that you can access liferay-ui.
thumbnail

Hi Alshafeek,

As i shared with u link before http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/8934563

u should be able to find the messageboards.xml under portal-impl\src\custom-sql\messageboards.xml for this u will need liferay src.

To override ur custom query u can use hook or plugin ext. to override the query to show the threads in desc order.

u have to just update ur query to sort the thread the queries are already there just update the desired query for displaying thread in desc order.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,
AP