Forums de discussion

HotDeployException: Error registering hook

thumbnail
James Ovcarik, modifié il y a 6 années.

HotDeployException: Error registering hook

New Member Publications: 8 Date d'inscription: 09/01/14 Publications récentes
Thank you in advance for your time and any direction that might be provided. I recently found an issue trying to deploy a hook project that crosses multiple environments; dev linux, local dev windows, etc. We are using LR 6.1.2-CE-ga3. The issue seemed to all of a sudden occur and is happening when attempting to deploy from a running Production deployment war file. Also note, connectivity is also confirmed to www.liferay.com and dtd retrieved through browser. Please see the following stack trace snippet and let me know if more information is needed or if I can help further.

Thanks,
Jamie

================================================/
13:04:51,751 ERROR [HotDeployImpl:198] com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.hot.HotDeployException: Error registering hook for gluu-openid-connect-hook
com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.hot.HotDeployException: Error registering hook for gluu-openid-connect-hook
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.hot.BaseHotDeployListener.throwHotDeployException(BaseHotDeployListener.java:46)
at com.liferay.portal.deploy.hot.HookHotDeployListener.invokeDeploy(HookHotDeployListener.java:277)
Caused by: com.liferay.portal.kernel.xml.DocumentException: Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL: http://www.liferay.com/dtd/liferay-hook_6_2_0.dtd Nested exception: Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL: http://www.liferay.com/dtd/liferay-hook_6_2_0.dtd
at com.liferay.portal.xml.SAXReaderImpl.read(SAXReaderImpl.java:425)
at com.liferay.portal.xml.SAXReaderImpl.read(SAXReaderImpl.java:443)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor287.invoke(Unknown Source)
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 6 années.

RE: HotDeployException: Error registering hook

Liferay Legend Publications: 14916 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
Did you guys by chance just get a new outbound proxy or something?

The server is trying to validate XML against the listed DTD and it's getting a 403 (forbidden) error as a response. Now I can pull the DTD using a clean net connection, no 403 at all, so I'm wondering if you guys have some sort of proxy that is actually intercepting and responding with the 403...

Come meet me at the 2017 LSNA!
thumbnail

RE: HotDeployException: Error registering hook

Thank you for the input David! I will check our NW web server path and see if we can chase down where that might be dropping. My initial feeling was something external to the code as well. I will keep the thread updated.

Thanks,
Jamie
thumbnail

SOLVED: RE: HotDeployException: Error registering hook

Not sure if the solution will introduce any oddities, but I updated the validation property in the portal-ext.properties file and the hook deployed without issue. For what its worth, no strange behavior has been noted in the application after the property update. I hope this helps others somewhere along the way, as this forum has provided me help in the past too.

-property options
https://docs.liferay.com/portal/6.2/propertiesdoc/portal.properties.html

-portal-ext.properties entry
xml.validation.enabled=false

Good luck and happy coding!
Jamie