Forums de discussion

Struggling to get App Approved in Market Place

thumbnail
Parth Ghiya, modifié il y a 6 années.

Struggling to get App Approved in Market Place

Junior Member Publications: 35 Date d'inscription: 02/07/13 Publications récentes
Hello All,
We created a very interesting plugin : Live Logs with sole purpose of viewing real Time Logs in Liferay Portal.
We want to get this plugin uploaded to Liferay Market Place.

Technical Aspects
  • It involves sockets & for that we used liferay whiteboard Jar for web sockets.
  • It involves loading some jar's in liferay using property module.framework.system.packages.extra in portal-ext.properties.
  • It involves server restart.

All the detailed steps can be clearly found here.
We had lots of problems getting it uploaded to Liferay Market Place.
Trial#1
We uploaded the plugin on March 31. On April 10 it changed its status to Not Available & We had no track about why?. After much followup we knew that it was rejected because we were told we cant distribute whiteboard jar as a seperate jar in our lpkg, even though it is generally Available.

We took the independent jar out, bundled it in our bnd.bnd & Again sent for re-submission on April 18.

Trial#2
We again were rejected on April 26. Looking at the logs,We saw that the steps were not properly followed. Those errors occur only when the property is not kept in portal.ext. We wrote a message restating the steps & put an emphasis on it to be followed
And since then it's in QA Phase since long and its very disappointing & irritating.

Can someone please assist us in doing the needful things, so that we can upload this plugin to Liferay as soon as possible. Its already past 1 month.
We can be reached out at parth.ghiya@knowarth.com or jaydip.lakhatariya@gmail.com.

Regards,
Parth G
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 6 années.

RE: Struggling to get App Approved in Market Place

Liferay Legend Publications: 14915 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
Parth Ghiya:
Its already past 1 month.

That's it?

The periods for passing each phase are documented on the Liferay marketplace developer area. IIRC it's like 2 weeks for the metadata verification followed by 3 weeks for QA. You're still within that timeframe.

Besides, their mandate is not to help you rush your plugin to market.

Their mandate is to make sure that your plugin doesn't introduce risk in my Liferay environment if I deploy it. They're supposed to protect me and mine.

And honestly you should appreciate that because it is what keeps the marketplace afloat. If folks started getting the impression that the plugins in the environment were unstable or risky, no one would use the marketplace and the whole concept would fall apart.

The process is what it is and the timeframes are what they are. Instead of complaining, try appreciating the job the the folks on the other end need to do.

Your complaint about "instructions weren't followed and portal property wasn't included" highlights failures in your own design. If you require a portal-ext.property, then your code should gracefully fail when it is missing. If it's a portlet requirement, instead of throwing stack traces have your portlet display a "required configuration is missing" message. The fact that the marketplace QA folks missed it is an indication that other potential users of your plugin will likely do the same.

Come meet me at the 2017 LSNA!