Forums de discussion

How Kaleo works with Database

thumbnail
Nirav Prajapati, modifié il y a 6 années.

How Kaleo works with Database

Regular Member Publications: 133 Date d'inscription: 25/06/15 Publications récentes
Hello Friends,
Currently i am working on Liferay 6.2 CE - GA6 with MySql 5.5 Community.
I have a following Stuck up..Please Help Me.

I am look at DB design for workflows and ran into some questions. Would appreciate if someone could help.
I want to do DB design for some agendas where in a lot of documents are involved and there are states and transitions each doc or sub process goes through.
Where do these fit in in database?
Should I design tables for agendas with these in mind?
What artifacts would Kaleo create?
How do user designed tables and liferay workflow artifacts interact?
Please help. If you have any ERDs that would help.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 6 années.

RE: How Kaleo works with Database

Liferay Legend Publications: 14919 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
Nirav Prajapati:
I am look at DB design for workflows.

Doesn't exist. And you shouldn't be in there.

The Liferay database is a product database. It is not for you to document, dive into, make changes to or really even look at.

This is not meant to be harsh, but after years of working with Liferay I can tell you the following:

1. The database does not conform to a normal relational model. There are no foreign keys and there are many relations that can span two tables or all tables.
2. There can be embedded relations in content that are not going to be exposed in any data model document.
3. Some details are not clearly stored in the database and may span to the filesystem and the indexing system.
4. Liferay will change how the database is used as they see fit, invalidating your understanding of the database.
5. Everyone who has attempted direct database modification, at one time or another, has made changes that broke their Liferay installation, with the only avenue for getting the environment back was to restore the database.

I've said this before and I'll say it again just for you. Stay out of the database, it is not yours to mess with. The only way to access data is through the Liferay API. Period.

Come meet me at the 2017 LSNA!
thumbnail
Nirav Prajapati, modifié il y a 6 années.

RE: How Kaleo works with Database

Regular Member Publications: 133 Date d'inscription: 25/06/15 Publications récentes
Ok
Thanks David