Forums de discussion

Asset publisher is not showing all the published content

thumbnail
Akash Jaisawal, modifié il y a 7 années.

Asset publisher is not showing all the published content

Regular Member Publications: 141 Date d'inscription: 03/03/12 Publications récentes
I am facing some issue with asset publisher, right now i am using LR 6.2 where i am publishing some content thru Asset publisher. So what is happening, If i have published 'n' numbers of content. Sometime while loading the page its not loading all the published content just one or two.

But if i leave the page remain for like 2-3 minutes it automatically loads all the published contents.

Can somebody tell me what could be the issue?
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modifié il y a 7 années.

RE: Asset publisher is not showing all the published content

Liferay Legend Publications: 6403 Date d'inscription: 23/09/08 Publications récentes
Is this happening on a single server or on a cluster? (e.g. it might be a misconfigured cluster issue, when one server does not know of what happened on the other)
Can you give exact steps? Does "sometimes" mean: At random points in time, or just after adding new content?
What exact version of Liferay 6.2 are you using?
thumbnail

Regular Member Publications: 141 Date d'inscription: 03/03/12 Publications récentes
Olaf Kock:
Is this happening on a single server or on a cluster? (e.g. it might be a misconfigured cluster issue, when one server does not know of what happened on the other)
Can you give exact steps? Does "sometimes" mean: At random points in time, or just after adding new content?

Hi Olaf,

Thanks for your reply.

We have configured our server on two nodes. And this issue is not happening on regular basis. Sometime we are facing this issue.
Even if some other user logged in from different location is publishing any content then that content is visible to him but not to me or other person located on some other system. Every time we need to wait for like half an hour to load that content.

Liferay version : liferay-portal-6.2-ee-sp5

Edit::
For the both nodes the db is common.

Hope i am clear, please do let me know i am missing something.

Regards.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modifié il y a 7 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 6403 Date d'inscription: 23/09/08 Publications récentes
Akash Jaisawal:
Olaf Kock:

We have configured our server on two nodes. And this issue is not happening on regular basis. Sometime we are facing this issue.
Even if some other user logged in from different location is publishing any content then that content is visible to him but not to me or other person located on some other system. Every time we need to wait for like half an hour to load that content.

Indeed it looks like a misconfigured (or unconfigured) cluster. It's not enough to just point to the same database - you'll run into more issues with this (e.g. search won't work reliably as well). Read the documentation on how to set up a proper cluster on Liferay 6.2 and follow all the steps.
thumbnail
Akash Jaisawal, modifié il y a 6 années.

Olaf Kock:
Akash Jaisawal:
Olaf Kock:

Indeed it looks like a misconfigured (or unconfigured) cluster. It's not enough to just point to the same database - you'll run into more issues with this (e.g. search won't work reliably as well). Read the documentation on how to set up a proper cluster on Liferay 6.2 and follow all the steps.

Thanks Olaf. Your comment was really helpful. I will look into it and will come back to you if face some issue.

Regards
thumbnail

Hi Olaf,

It seem kind of Cache issue. Is there a way we can handle that?
thumbnail
Alfonso Crisci, modifié il y a 6 années.

Regular Member Publications: 136 Date d'inscription: 02/04/14 Publications récentes
Hi Akash,

I can imagine 2 possible causes: misconfiguration or a bug.

For the second hypothesis, I see you are on 6.2 SP5, a test you may try is to upgrade to latest Service Pack, we currently have SP18, chances are that, if you face a bug, we may have fixed it in the meantime.
thumbnail
Akash Jaisawal, modifié il y a 6 années.

Alfonso Crisci:
Hi Akash,

I can imagine 2 possible causes: misconfiguration or a bug.

For the second hypothesis, I see you are on 6.2 SP5, a test you may try is to upgrade to latest Service Pack, we currently have SP18, chances are that, if you face a bug, we may have fixed it in the meantime.

Thanks Alfonso,

I will try the same and let you know in the same thread.

Best Regards
Akash K Jaiswal