Forums de discussion

IntelliJ with Liferay 7

thumbnail
Pika chu, modifié il y a 7 années.

IntelliJ with Liferay 7

New Member Publications: 13 Date d'inscription: 09/03/17 Publications récentes
Hi all,
I am newbie with Liferay 7, i want to use IntelliJ with it, but i don't found details documents or tutorials to reference, please help me if anyone has experienced develop liferay 7 with IntelliJ.
Thanks a lot emoticon.
thumbnail
Pika chu, modifié il y a 7 années.

RE: IntelliJ with Liferay 7

New Member Publications: 13 Date d'inscription: 09/03/17 Publications récentes
But, i want to use IntelliJ because i familiar with it.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 7 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 14916 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
There's no magic to it. If you're using maven or gradle you can import projects into Intellij.
Fabio Pezzutto, modifié il y a 6 années.

New Member Publications: 10 Date d'inscription: 22/10/10 Publications récentes
Hi,

there is and gradle task that setup the intelliJ project metadata. Try to run "gadlew idea", then import the projects.

Fabio.
thumbnail
Jamie Sammons, modifié il y a 6 années.

Expert Publications: 297 Date d'inscription: 05/09/14 Publications récentes
The tooling tutorials would be a good place to start: https://dev.liferay.com/develop/tutorials/-/knowledge_base/7-0/tooling

Liferay Blade , Liferay Workspace and Maven projects could all be created from the CLI and in theory imported into IntelliJ.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 6 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 14916 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
Fabio Pezzutto:
there is and gradle task that setup the intelliJ project metadata. Try to run "gradlew idea", then import the projects.

I actually just use "New project from existing sources" and import as a gradle project. That way I can select auto import, JVM version, etc.

Either way should work, whatever you're more comfortable with.

Come meet me at the 2017 LSNA!
Roman Karpenko, modifié il y a 6 années.

New Member Publications: 3 Date d'inscription: 14/11/15 Publications récentes
Tri Vo:
Let's use Liferay IDE man!

Eclipse is nothing comparing to Intellij IDEA. I don't know we you keep using Eclipse.
Why Liferay company ignoring most advanced and usable IDE for Java? You can't manage to create plugin for IDEA?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 6 années.

In order to write decent plugins you need experienced developers, a plan, some time, and a perception of value. If you're missing one or more of these, you're not going to jump on an IDEA plugin.

However, that doesn't prevent someone from the community from building a plugin. Heck I bed you'd get a lot of support from the community if you wanted to build one....

Come meet me at Devcon 2017 or 2017 LSNA!
thumbnail
Jack Bakker, modifié il y a 6 années.

Liferay Master Publications: 978 Date d'inscription: 03/01/10 Publications récentes
Roman Karpenko:
Tri Vo:
Let's use Liferay IDE man!

Eclipse is nothing comparing to Intellij IDEA. I don't know we you keep using Eclipse.
Why Liferay company ignoring most advanced and usable IDE for Java? You can't manage to create plugin for IDEA?

For Liferay dev, some prefer Eclipse, some prefer IntelliJ IDEA, others prefer Sublime for front end, and so on. I used Eclipse for a long time including with the Liferay IDE, and also as Liferay Studio. They were and are very helpful. Now I like IntelliJ IDEA on linux and use it for developing for Liferay v6.2 and Liferay 7/DXP. More and more, I find myself also using many command-line tools which are IDE independent.

I gather this forum thread is but yet another thread showing some interest in having a Liferay plugin for IntelliJ IDEA.