Forums de discussion

Configure Liferay 7 by scripts

wagner marques, modifié il y a 7 années.

Configure Liferay 7 by scripts

New Member Publications: 2 Date d'inscription: 03/02/13 Publications récentes
Hi folks,
I am very exited about liferay7, the guys made a terrific work.

I just installed liferay 7 within a docker container and I can access it by browser without a problem: https://github.com/wagnermarques/Fedora-Dockerfiles/tree/master/liferay7

Now I would like to configure it by liferay scripts, like change qsql, insert users, maybe configure a ldap access... Is it that possible? Some one could point some link to study about it, please?

Is there a more convenient way to automate liferay configuration?

Best regards

Wagner
Linus Sphinx, modifié il y a 7 années.

RE: Configure Liferay 7 by scripts

Junior Member Publications: 99 Date d'inscription: 12/08/10 Publications récentes
Really like to hear the answer to this one. I've been using scripts to genertate portal-ext.properties files, need to adapt this method to work with OSGI so it all comes up running the first time..
How can I configure LDAP in OSGI from a text file is my first question?

Junior Member Publications: 99 Date d'inscription: 12/08/10 Publications récentes
The doc seems horribly wrong, there are no actions to export anything on any category of System Settings. Where are these magic .config writing wizards I read about? There is only edit, no export option on any menu I could find, hell am I missing here?
wagner marques, modifié il y a 7 années.

New Member Publications: 2 Date d'inscription: 03/02/13 Publications récentes
Maybe the answare lies in https://dev.liferay.com/discover/portal/-/knowledge_base/7-0/system-settings.

If we could elaborate a .config and just deploy it in a ours new instances to configure it?

Did I say something stupid?

Sounds like you are reading the same doc I am brother.
There’s a brand new way to make configuration changes at the system scope in Liferay Portal CE 7.0, and you don’t need to go messing around in a properties file to do it.

As the old saying goes, 'Not all upgrades are.'.
"We've replaced your simple text editor with a GUI or a WebApp", is not what a programmer or system integrator wants to hear.

wagner marques:
Maybe the answare lies in https://dev.liferay.com/discover/portal/-/knowledge_base/7-0/system-settings.

If we could elaborate a .config and just deploy it in a ours new instances to configure it?

Did I say something stupid?

I just walked through that doc logged in as, 'Portal', the super user and every one of the 19 Web Experience settings had only, 'Edit', on the drop down menu. Export of liferay seems to be a mythical creature still. Even more importantly does anyone know what a config file looks like or how to import one? Thought maybe export will appear after I edit one but no.

HAH! System Settings seem to behave different from Instance Settings. Still does not help you generate an entire site configuration and load it so thinking pretty useless feature. Maybe script to take portal-ext.properties -> XML and stab it directly into the heart of the portal properties table or something, wonder if it still reads that.

Exported System Settings for LDAP on page 2 in my sandbox system and created a file named with some random key name:

com.liferay.portal.security.ldap.authenticator.configuration.LDAPAuthConfiguration-ebfb80bf-67ed-4fc6-a93e-2889121c85aa.cfg

contents:

##
## To apply the configuration, place this file in the Liferay installation's osgi/modules folder. Make sure it is named com.liferay.portal.security.ldap.authenticator.configuration.LDAPAuthConfiguration-ebfb80bf-67ed-4fc6-a93e-2889121c85aa.cfg.
##

enabled=true
passwordEncryptionAlgorithm=NONE
passwordPolicyEnabled=false
required=false
method=bind

So it works, just not sure it's anything actually of use to us.

Don't see those values in PortalPreferences which seems to be a shell of his former self, no ldap info there but there is Configuration_ which seems to have the goods, just need that fat hex key bit and the whole string seems to be each row's configurationID with the values in, 'dictionary', Some experiments are in order.