Forums de discussion

Using MemCached in liferay Portal

thumbnail
Mahdi Tilab, modifié il y a 13 années.

Using MemCached in liferay Portal

New Member Publications: 12 Date d'inscription: 02/03/08 Publications récentes
Hi Friends,

I want to use Memcached Mechanism. I see memcached-spring.xml and com.liferay.portal.cache.memcached.MemcachePortalCacheManager class for this. I am not found any wiki page for this feature.

can any one tell me more about this?

Does full support of this feature in liferay or have problem?

How to Integrate MemCache server with mysql database?

Regards
Mehdi Tilab
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modifié il y a 12 années.

RE: Using MemCached in liferay Portal

Liferay Legend Publications: 7942 Date d'inscription: 24/03/10 Publications récentes
Liferay currently uses ehcache. It seems MemCache is still just experiment.As you said, there's no document yet. Just have to do it yourself by looking at the source code.
Fabíola Souza Pereira, modifié il y a 11 années.

New Member Publications: 8 Date d'inscription: 14/03/08 Publications récentes
Any news / documentation about this issue? I really want to use Memcached in Liferay, but no docs found...
Thanks!
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modifié il y a 11 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 7942 Date d'inscription: 24/03/10 Publications récentes
Any news / documentation about this issue? I really want to use Memcached in Liferay, but no docs found...

Sorry, I haven't seen any information on the subject. You'll just have to look at liferay source code.
thumbnail
Michael C. Han, modifié il y a 11 années.

Junior Member Publications: 74 Date d'inscription: 13/06/07 Publications récentes
Actually, you really don't want to use Memcache with Liferay. I understand there's a lot of interest in memcache due to the hype surrounding it. However, memcache isn't suitable for all types of systems.

Unlike ehcache, memcache is not partitioned. So you don't have a separate cache per entity within Liferay. Liferay has over 300 entities that get cached. If you want to use memcache, you would need to create a dedicated memcache cluster for each of the 300 entities. That's a lot of overhead. You would be better off using the out of box ehcache + Terracotta as a distributed cache store.

Where memcache would be appropriate is to serve as a cache for specific objects. For instance, you want to use memcache as an EntityCache for Liferay User objects. The suggested way is to implement an adapter into Ehcache which would allow you to back the cache via memcache.
Vinay J, modifié il y a 7 années.

New Member Publications: 9 Date d'inscription: 23/11/16 Publications récentes
Hi I am working on Liferay application having plain documents, images, journals in it. I want to implement caching mechanism using memcached.
Any pointers or help will be much appreciated.