Forums de discussion

LDAP settings -- portal-ext vs Admin Portlet.

thumbnail
Andew Jardine, modifié il y a 12 années.

LDAP settings -- portal-ext vs Admin Portlet.

Liferay Legend Publications: 2416 Date d'inscription: 22/12/10 Publications récentes
Hey Guys,

I'm stumped. I am trying to set up my LDAP using the portal-ext.properties file, rather than put the settings for the LDAP configuration via the Admin Portlet. For some reason though, they don't appear to be applied. At bare minimum, I would expect

ldap.auth.enabled=true

to turn it on and produce errors for me, but even with all my settings in place, the ldap.auth.enabled=true and the ldap.auth.required=true I see nothing indicating that it is working.

Does anyone have any ideas? I've read and tried some stuff I read in other threads, but with no success.

Thanks in advance.
thumbnail
Shagul Khajamohideen, modifié il y a 12 années.

RE: LDAP settings -- portal-ext vs Admin Portlet.

Liferay Master Publications: 758 Date d'inscription: 27/09/07 Publications récentes
Did you ever save the settings via the control panel? If you did so, the preferences that can be set via the control panel are not read from the properties again.
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Publications: 2416 Date d'inscription: 22/12/10 Publications récentes
Shagul Khajamohideen:
Did you ever save the settings via the control panel? If you did so, the preferences that can be set via the control panel are not read from the properties again.

I did originally have the settings in the admin, but I am now trying to move them out. Does this mean that I have to purge the preferences from the database?
Dariusz Sawicki, modifié il y a 12 années.

Regular Member Publications: 165 Date d'inscription: 27/03/09 Publications récentes
You must manually removed values which you saved via GUI from database.

Find the "portletpreferences" table, the record you want to delete will have the following values:
+ plid=0
+ portletid=LIFERAY_PORTAL
+ the "preferences" field will start with "<portlet-preferences><preference><name>ldap.base.dn</name>"
thumbnail
Shagul Khajamohideen, modifié il y a 12 années.

Liferay Master Publications: 758 Date d'inscription: 27/09/07 Publications récentes
It may be nice if a user can unset all the preferences from the UI. Did you try deleting the LDAP server that you added in the UI and see if that helps? In most cases portal admins prefer to manage those settings via the control panel after the initial deployment.
thumbnail

Shagul Khajamohideen:
It may be nice if a user can unset all the preferences from the UI. Did you try deleting the LDAP server that you added in the UI and see if that helps? In most cases portal admins prefer to manage those settings via the control panel after the initial deployment.

I did. I had a similar thought, but because the preferences were still there, the ones indicating that LDAP was enabled, the login process broke and I had all sorts of LDAP errors in the console.

I'm going to try the suggestion from the previous post this afternoon and I'll post back with the results.
thumbnail

Andew Jardine:
Shagul Khajamohideen:

I did. I had a similar thought, but because the preferences were still there, the ones indicating that LDAP was enabled, the login process broke and I had all sorts of LDAP errors in the console.

I'm going to try the suggestion from the previous post this afternoon and I'll post back with the results.

So I did as suggested. I logged into my SQL Server instance and deleted all the preferences that were at the portal level and related to LDAP. I restarted everything and set my properties for LDAP in the portal-ext.properties file. I have debug enabled, so I see the file being referenced at startup. When I tried to login however, an exception occurred, causing the login to fail. So, I put the row back in the database, removed all the portal-ext properties and moved all the configurations to the admin portlet.

Now I am getting this error...

javax.naming.directory.SchemaViolationException: [LDAP: error code 65 - Entry cn=ajuser,dc=company,dc=com violates the Directory Server schema configuration because it includes attribute givenName which is not allowed by any of the objectclasses defined in that entry]; remaining name 'cn=ajuser,dc=company,dc=com'

I also get an error for the LDAPImportUtilImpl along these lines as well. I realize that this is an error being thrown by LDAP, but what I don;t understand is, when I click the "Test Users" button in the admin portlet (to validate the mappings), it comes back saying everything is fine.

I'm a total newbie to LDAP so if anyone has any suggestions, please send them my way.

Thanks in advance.

A.
thumbnail
Jignesh Vachhani, modifié il y a 12 années.

Liferay Master Publications: 803 Date d'inscription: 10/03/08 Publications récentes
Hi,

That is the problem with LDAP schema definition which you have used.
There would be necessary attributes which you must have to include in schema.