Forums de discussion

Liferay 6.1 CE GA2 is it compatible with JDK 7 ?

Alp Gul, modifié il y a 7 années.

Liferay 6.1 CE GA2 is it compatible with JDK 7 ?

New Member Publications: 6 Date d'inscription: 06/10/15 Publications récentes
Hi everybody,

I find this :
https://web.liferay.com/documents/14/21598941/Liferay+Portal+6.1+EE+Compatibility+Matrix.pdf

But this is for Liferay 6.1 EE GA2,

I want to know if Liferay 6.1 CE GA2 is compatible with JDK 7 too ?

Thanks you
thumbnail
Andrew Jardine, modifié il y a 7 années.

RE: Liferay 6.1 CE GA2 is it compatible with JDK 7 ?

Liferay Legend Publications: 2416 Date d'inscription: 22/12/10 Publications récentes
Hi Alp,

It's been a while since I've worked with 6.1 -- but I do remember that the last big project I did with it I did use JDK 1.7. In fact, I remember (vaguely) that at one point there was a problem with a change that Oracle made in one of the service packs (in 1.6 maybe?). We were able to get around the issue with an upgrade to a newer patch of 1.6, but the client was insistent that we move to 1.7. Again, this is all going back about 3 - 4 years so my memory is fuzzy emoticon. According to the support matrix it should even support 1.8! https://web.liferay.com/documents/14/21598941/Liferay+Portal+6.1+EE+Compatibility+Matrix.pdf

I know you said the CE version and this is of course referencing the EE version, but from my experience such configurations aren't normally affected by the stream of the product.

Long story short, easiest way to know for sure it to just try it out, but I am pretty sure that yes, it is.
thumbnail
Alberto Chaparro, modifié il y a 7 années.

Liferay Master Publications: 549 Date d'inscription: 25/04/11 Publications récentes
Hey Alp, Andrew,

If 6.1 EE GA2 is compatible with Oracle JDK 7, the CE version is compatible too.

Best regards.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modifié il y a 7 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 6403 Date d'inscription: 23/09/08 Publications récentes
I'm not 100% sure that CE GA2 has the same compatibility as EE GA 2, but CE GA3 should be compatible. However, this sounds like you're upgrading something (if only your environment): Note that 6.1 CE GA2 has been released in February 2013, superceded by 6.1 GA3 in December 2013 (e.g. three years ago) and this branch didn't have another update since then. If you're touching your environment currently, you might want to consider going to a version that still gets updates, be it 6.2 EE or 7.0 CE.