Forums de discussion

how to upgrade Liferay 6.2 EE portlet in Liferay DXP

Nitin Kumar khandelwal, modifié il y a 7 années.

how to upgrade Liferay 6.2 EE portlet in Liferay DXP

New Member Publications: 3 Date d'inscription: 26/07/12 Publications récentes
hi developers,
I need to reuse my liferay 6.2 EE plugin portlet into liferay 7 DXP but i am not finding clear steps for it. can anyone guide me how to migrate,
i have tried many things but some point of time i confused that how to do.
I having one plugin portlet working in 6.2 EE version and need to upgrade to reuse it in Liferay DXP.

Thanks in advance.
thumbnail
Andrew Jardine, modifié il y a 7 années.

RE: how to upgrade Liferay 6.2 EE portlet in Liferay DXP

Liferay Legend Publications: 2416 Date d'inscription: 22/12/10 Publications récentes
Hi Nitin,

Brett Swaim did a presentation on his experience and what he found were the steps that worked best at the NAS 2016. I've never tried to share material before -- but can you try this link to get the presentation he made:

https://web.liferay.com/web/events2016/northamerica/recap?pt=816c8c8e-a47d-4ba3-803e-097f814c17ca

if it doesn't work, let me know.
thumbnail
Samuel Kong, modifié il y a 7 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 1902 Date d'inscription: 10/03/08 Publications récentes
Information on migrating from Liferay Portal 6.2 to Liferay Portal 7.0 can be found at https://dev.liferay.com/develop/tutorials/-/knowledge_base/7-0/from-liferay-6-to-liferay-7
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Publications: 2416 Date d'inscription: 22/12/10 Publications récentes
Hey Samuel,

I also heard at the conference that there was going to be an upgrade tool built into the Liferay IDE coming. Do you know if there is an ETA on when that should be arriving?
thumbnail
Alberto Chaparro, modifié il y a 7 années.

Liferay Master Publications: 549 Date d'inscription: 25/04/11 Publications récentes
Hi Andrew,

If you mean the breaking changes uprgade tool when you say "upgrade tool", please download the Liferay IDE because the tool is already included:
https://web.liferay.com/es/downloads/liferay-projects/liferay-ide

Regards!
thumbnail

Hi Alberto,

When you say "breaking changes" are you referring to the tool that reviews your source code and notifies you of APIs that your existing plugin uses that are no longer part of the latest version (basically API breaks)? If so, I wasn't referring to that feature (although it is very helpful). Perhaps I misunderstood, but I thought that there was a tool coming that was going to help migrate projects from a 6.2 structure to a 7.0 structure -- so for example change a one project portlet into a 2 project client and web structure, take the lines from a portlet.xml and set them as annotations on the portlet class, etc.

Was this a dream I had? emoticon
thumbnail
Samuel Kong, modifié il y a 7 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 1902 Date d'inscription: 10/03/08 Publications récentes
Hi Andrew

Unfortunately, I don't know. But you might have better luck asking your question in the IDE category. The guys monitoring that category might have a better idea.
thumbnail
Alberto Chaparro, modifié il y a 7 années.

Liferay Master Publications: 549 Date d'inscription: 25/04/11 Publications récentes
Hi Andrew,

Yes, I meant that tool which checks the API.

Was this a dream I had? emoticon

hahhahaha, I don't think so, probably you have really good information since you went to the talk. Please, follow the Samuel's suggestion so that IDE's team can answer you.

Thanks!!