Forums de discussion

Portlet compatible version of Omnifaces

thumbnail
Jan Eerdekens, modifié il y a 7 années.

Portlet compatible version of Omnifaces

New Member Publications: 11 Date d'inscription: 01/08/08 Publications récentes
During Neil Griffin's 2nd talk at this year's Liferay Devcon in Darmstadt a question came up about what Liferay's plans are for support for the Omnifaces library: http://omnifaces.org/. Contrary to Primefaces/Richfaces/etc... Omnifaces isn't a graphical component library, but a utility library for JSF 2 that focusses on utilities that ease everyday tasks with the standard JSF API. It is a very good and useful library, but as a lot of JSF portlet developers will have discovered (and as is stated explicitly on the Omnifaces site) it sadly isn't compatible for use in portlets.

Personally we've been already successful in pulling out a few specific parts, such as the CacheControlFilter, ListConverter and ListIndexConverter, but a straightforward fork and quick & dirty conversion of the showcase to a portlet wasn't successful (yet).

This thread, at the request of Neil, is to see how many other JSF portlet developers are out there that would like to see a partially or fully compatible version of Omnifaces happen. Let us know that you're out there, what parts of Omnifaces you want/need or maybe are already using in JSF portlets.

If there are enough people out there that have a use for this we could try to get this done together with the wonderful Liferay Faces team! So let's get a discussion started and see where it takes us.
thumbnail
Koen Olaerts, modifié il y a 7 années.

RE: Portlet compatible version of Omnifaces

New Member Publications: 19 Date d'inscription: 21/12/10 Publications récentes
It would definitely be a great addition!
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, modifié il y a 7 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 3089 Date d'inscription: 28/10/08 Publications récentes
Hi Jan. Thanks for your input.

In order to have some sort of organization, it would be great that everyone writing here tells which exactly issues they are finding with Omnifaces, with some very simple steps to reproduce, or at least some snippet. That way we (Liferay Faces team) can make some tests in advance and maybe estimate where the issue comes from (Liferay Faces or Omnifaces) and how long would it take to fix it.

Thanks very much for your cooperation.
Marcus Geißler, modifié il y a 7 années.

New Member Envoyer: 1 Date d'inscription: 01/07/16 Publications récentes
I can only second that. OmniFaces looks like a great utility library which I have never been able to use.

@Juan I cannot provide an example right now, but there are e.g. some ClassCastExceptions when it comes to the ServletContext (if I remember correctly). We got those when we tried to use http://showcase.omnifaces.org/validators/validateBean, which should be easy to test in any JSF portlet using bean validation.