Forums de discussion

Document Library Config Option Changes after upgrade from 6.2.2 to 7.0.3

Kim Zeevaarders, modifié il y a 7 années.

Document Library Config Option Changes after upgrade from 6.2.2 to 7.0.3

Junior Member Publications: 82 Date d'inscription: 07/09/12 Publications récentes
Hi,

We recently upgraded from Liferay 6.2.2 to 7.0.3 and although we encountered various issues the upgrade was succesful in the end.

However, the day after the upgrade I got reports from users that the could not find the "access from desktop" links in the document library anymore.

The cause of the problem was that in the configuration options of the document library, the option "display actions" was unchecked (see attached snippet).

Prior to upgrading, theses actions were visible. After checking the option, a seperate submenu was displayed next to the folders that, amongst other options, also offered the "access from desktop" action. If i recall correctly this menu was visible by default in Liferay 6 (or am i incorrect?).

However, the "acces from desktop" option can now only be chosen for subfolders of the document library. I cannot seem to find this option for the ROOT of the document library. In Liferay 6 this was possible (i believe blij clicking open the menu in the top left corner of the document library, but it seems its not possible anymore in Liferay 7...

As a workaround we now choose "access from desktop" for a subfolder and then remove the subfolders name from the webdav url.

Can anybody please explain to me if this is default behaviour in Liferay 7? Or am I missing something? And does somebody know where the "access from desktop" action is hidden for the ROOT of the document library?

If somebody could answer these questions, it would make my day (before the weekend) emoticon

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,

Kim Zeevaarders
thumbnail
Alberto Chaparro, modifié il y a 7 années.

RE: Document Library Config Option Changes after upgrade from 6.2.2 to 7.0.

Liferay Master Publications: 549 Date d'inscription: 25/04/11 Publications récentes
Hi Kim,

As far as I remember you also had to check in display actions to show the folder actions in the portlet.

Regarding the "access from desktop" option for ROOT, I can do it if I don't select a ROOT folder in the configuration. If I select a Root folder in the configuration then I just see the folders inside that root folder so I don't have that option.

Please, check it and let us know if you see any issue here. It would be perfect if you startup a 6.2 version too to compare both behaviours.

Best regards.

Junior Member Publications: 82 Date d'inscription: 07/09/12 Publications récentes
Alberto Chaparro:

As far as I remember you also had to check in display actions to show the folder actions in the portlet.

if found a property in the liferay 7 properties that could explain my problem
 dl.actions.visible=false

I will set this property to true, restart the portal and look if it fixes the problem.

I cannot find this (or an equivalent) property in the LR6.2 properties so im guessing this is a new property introduced in LR7.

Can anyone from the LR team confirm this?

Regards,

Kim
thumbnail
Alberto Chaparro, modifié il y a 7 années.

RE: Document Library Config Option Changes after upgrade from 6.2.2 to 7.0. (Réponse)

Liferay Master Publications: 549 Date d'inscription: 25/04/11 Publications récentes
Hey Kim.

Yes, it's a new a property added by the following ticket:
https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-45821

Regards!

Hi,

Thanks for the confirmation, I marked the thread as answered emoticon

Setting the parameter in portal-ext.properties to true solved my problem!

Regards,

Kim