Forums de discussion

Solution for EXT plugin in lIferay DXP

kiran kumar, modifié il y a 7 années.

Solution for EXT plugin in lIferay DXP

Junior Member Publications: 62 Date d'inscription: 04/07/14 Publications récentes
Hi Team,

I am using liferay 6.2 EE and now i am migration into liferay dxp, i have one ext plugin, Can you suggest me how to migrate.

Waiting for Valuable response.

Regards
kiran
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 7 années.

RE: Solution for EXT plugin in lIferay DXP

Liferay Legend Publications: 14916 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
There is no EXT plugin support for Liferay 7 CE or DXP.

Junior Member Publications: 62 Date d'inscription: 04/07/14 Publications récentes
Thanks devid,

Then what is the solution for liferay 6.2 EXT?

Dear David,

I m waiting your response.

I am using DXP and i have override the service in dxp , but how can i override portal-imp in liferay 7.

Waiting for your response

Regards
Kran
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 7 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 14916 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
This is not supported in Liferay 7/DXP.

Thanks David. I got it.
thumbnail
Yoshikazu Kobayashi, modifié il y a 3 années.

New Member Publications: 20 Date d'inscription: 26/08/13 Publications récentes
Hi David
How can i have override the service code in portal-impl.jar?
thumbnail
Milen Dyankov, modifié il y a 7 années.

Expert Publications: 310 Date d'inscription: 30/10/12 Publications récentes
What is in portal-impl is considered internal and it's not meant to be extended / overridden / replaced. Before Liferay 7, doing such thing was only discouraged and considered bad practice. Due to monolith approach and EXT plugins, it was not possible to enforce such isolation.

The modular architecture or Liferay 7 (based on OSGi) allowed to encapsulate and isolate internal classes and only allow extensions via well defined public APIs. There is no extension point in Liferay 7 that allows you to override / modify classes in portal-impl. If you absolutely need to do that you would have to compile from source with your modifications in place (which is basically what EXT plugins were doing in a bit more sophisticated way before Liferay 7).

On the other hand Liferay 7 introduced many more extension points so it's likely that you can use one of those instead of EXT. Therefore questions like "I need to override an internal class" do not have any good answer unless you describe why you need to do that and/or what you are trying to achieve.

NOTE: We may be temporary bringing back EXT to 7 to ease the migration process. But sooner or later it will be gone for good.
thumbnail

Hi Milen
Thank you for your instruction.
The class I wanted to override is TableMapperImpl.
TableMapperImpl is included in portal-kernel.
(I misunderstood that TableMapperImpl is included in portal-impl.)
When using Liferay 6.2, it was overriding using EXT plugins.
I would like to know how to override TableMapperImpl with Liferay DXP.
The reason for overriding is as follows.

The reason
In system development of a customer, I created a program (addUserBatch) that adds users by using Liferay's service builder for user data entered in the CSV file.
In addUserBatch, we added a user using UserLocalServiceUtil#addUser ().
As a result of the test, the speed of adding users slowed as the number of users increased, and it took more than 10 hours to add 40,000 users.
As a result of debugging, I understood that it becomes late in proportion to the increase in the number of users in the processing of TableMapperImpl.
I also made an inquiry to support Liferay, but initially it was a decision not to be a bug.
(From support Liferay, it was patched for that customer and it was after production was running.)
We corrected TableMapperImpl and overridden using EXT plugins, the processing time was shortened.
Another customer also uses the same EXT plugins for operation.
As I looked at the source of Liferay DXP, unless override TableMapperImpl it seems that response will be worse with addition, update and deletion of tens of thousands of users.
best regards.
thumbnail
Milen Dyankov, modifié il y a 7 années.

Expert Publications: 310 Date d'inscription: 30/10/12 Publications récentes
First of all, are you sure this is still a problem. If this was reported and fixed for a customer, chances are it was fixed in Lieferay 7. It may have been fixed in a different way than you fixed it so the sole fact you don't see the changes in some file does not mean the problem is still there.

If that is indeed still a problem, since you are with a customer/partner company (assuming so if support is fixing issues for you) first thing I'd do is contact support and discuss with them how the problem should be approached in 7 / DXP. As they know the exact problem and have a track of what was done, they are the best source for advice.

If you still need to fix this yourself, you need to figure out who exactly is using the TableMapper in question. It may be possible to simply use your own TableMapper (I don't know enough about the problem/code to tell). If not, you'd likely have to build portal-kernel form source with your changes.
thumbnail

From now on, I will import 10,000 users in Liferay DXP and check if there is a problem in processing speed.
If there is a problem, please contact Liferay's support.

Thank you very much.