Forums de discussion

Dose liferay 7 +Tomcat 8 work with java 9?

ti ka, modifié il y a 7 années.

Dose liferay 7 +Tomcat 8 work with java 9?

New Member Envoyer: 1 Date d'inscription: 12/10/16 Publications récentes
I have installed the latest version of java which is java 1.9.
Then, I installed liferay portal CE 7 + Tomcat 8.
But I cannot run portal.
I want to know if these pack (java 9 + tomcat 8+ liferay ce 7) works?!!!!
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 7 années.

RE: Dose liferay 7 +Tomcat 8 work with java 9?

Liferay Legend Publications: 14916 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
It is not in the current compatibility matrix, but then java 9 is not even released yet so why would we expect to find it there?
scott E mitchell, modifié il y a 6 années.

Junior Member Publications: 41 Date d'inscription: 01/10/16 Publications récentes
Hello David,

Recently i have install LF7-GA4 with tomcat 8 ,basically i need SNI support so is it possible to migrate tomcat 8 to tomcat 8.5 is it possible ??
please reply.

TIA....
thumbnail
Andrew Jardine, modifié il y a 6 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 2416 Date d'inscription: 22/12/10 Publications récentes
Hi scott,

Not that I would advise anyone to do this and then expect everything to work without issue, but back when 6.2 was mid course I upgraded Tomcat to a more recent version of 7 because we needed web socket support which was not available in the bundled tomcat version (at the time). We downloaded a newer version of tomcat and then replaced the files in the version that had Liferay installed. That worked for us, but part of me believed that we were lucky. If you are feeling experimental though, you could always give that a shot.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modifié il y a 6 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 6403 Date d'inscription: 23/09/08 Publications récentes
scott E mitchell:
Recently i have install LF7-GA4 with tomcat 8 ,basically i need SNI support so is it possible to migrate tomcat 8 to tomcat 8.5 is it possible ??

The DXP Compatibility Matrix lists Tomcat 8.5 as supported, which is a good indicator for what works in Liferay 7 CE. Why you ask this quesiton under the subject of Java 9 compatibility escapes me though... ;)
thumbnail
Andrew Jardine, modifié il y a 6 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 2416 Date d'inscription: 22/12/10 Publications récentes
I thought maybe it was something that was new to java 9, but I just checked and SNI is supported in java 8 -- at least the oracle version.

https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/guides/security/enhancements-8.html
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modifié il y a 6 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 6403 Date d'inscription: 23/09/08 Publications récentes
Andrew Jardine:
I thought maybe it was something that was new to java 9, but I just checked and SNI is supported in java 8 -- at least the oracle version.

I never remember the full compatibility matrix (and as I'm doing SNI through Apache I don't care about this for Tomcat 8) but I assumed that this would be a tomcat-support issue. Given that sooner or later 8.0 is scheduled to be discontinued in favor of 8.5, it sounded legit to me.
scott E mitchell, modifié il y a 6 années.

Junior Member Publications: 41 Date d'inscription: 01/10/16 Publications récentes
Hello,
For SNI support I have migrate tomcat 8 to tomcat 8.5 in liferay7-ga4 .

Please find the link https://web.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/93544179

Tia....
Alla Sapozhnikova, modifié il y a 5 années.

Junior Member Publications: 81 Date d'inscription: 02/03/12 Publications récentes
Going back to the original question: "Does Liferay 7 work with Java 9". Does anyone know?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 5 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 14916 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
No, it is still not on the compatibility matrix.