Forums de discussion

Add Folder Shortcut - Possible?

thumbnail
Daren Sefcik, modifié il y a 15 années.

Add Folder Shortcut - Possible?

Junior Member Publications: 62 Date d'inscription: 18/05/07 Publications récentes
I know you can add a document shortcut in the document library, is there a way to add a folder shortcut?

tia,
Daren
thumbnail
Chris Whittle, modifié il y a 15 années.

RE: Add Folder Shortcut - Possible?

Expert Publications: 462 Date d'inscription: 17/09/08 Publications récentes
I second this... anyone?
thumbnail
Prakash Khanchandani, modifié il y a 9 années.

Expert Publications: 329 Date d'inscription: 10/02/11 Publications récentes
Its strange, till now nothing has been done on this. emoticon

https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-13119
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 9 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 14916 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
It doesn't look voted on. Without votes, Liferay has no idea that folks really want it.

Being an open source platform you could, of course, implement and contribute it back into the fold.

I think the big problem you have with folder shortcuts (aliases, links, whatever you want to call them) is you have to deal with the inevitable circular reference, a is a shortcut to b which is a shortcut to a, .... It's not such an issue with files, but I could see folders getting pretty darn messy. Just my $0.02.
thumbnail
Prakash Khanchandani, modifié il y a 9 années.

Expert Publications: 329 Date d'inscription: 10/02/11 Publications récentes
David H Nebinger:
have to deal with the inevitable circular reference, a is a shortcut to b which is a shortcut to a, .... It's not such an issue with files

Can you please elaborate on the circular reference problem? And why this will be a problem with folders?

Thanks