Forums de discussion

Liferay 7, Tomcat 8, Windows 10 - startup errors

Darcey Spears, modifié il y a 7 années.

Liferay 7, Tomcat 8, Windows 10 - startup errors

New Member Publications: 7 Date d'inscription: 01/12/09 Publications récentes
Hi,
I downloaded liferay-ce-portal-tomcat-7.0-ga3-20160804222206210.zip (Liferay 7, Tomcat 8) to Windows 10 then extracted the files to C:/liferay-ce-portal-7.0-ga3. I went to C:\liferay-ce-portal-7.0-ga3\tomcat-8.0.32\bin and double-clicked startup.bat.

Several errors were generated and Liferay did not start. Previous releases have worked when brand-new versions were downloaded and installed. Is this release no longer available to just install and start, or are other changes/settings, etc required? If changes or settings are required, what are they?

1. org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Error while renaming bundle file to final location: C:\liferay-ce-portal-7.0-ga3\osgi\state\org.eclipse.osgi\31\0\bundleFile
at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.getContentFile0(Storage.java:769)

2. org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)
16:35:29,397 ERROR [Framework Event Dispatcher: Equinox Container: b01e06bb-ab81-0016-1e2e-c2a53c523468][org_eclipse_equinox_console:97] FrameworkEvent ERROR
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.eclipse.equinox.console [18]_ Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.apache.felix.service.command; version="0.8.0"; status="provisional"_ [Sanitized]
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:429)

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Darcey
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 7 années.

RE: Liferay 7, Tomcat 8, Windows 10 - startup errors

Liferay Legend Publications: 14916 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
Hey, Darcey.

Make sure you are using oracle jdk 8. Try starting using a command prompt rather than the double-click option.

Liferay 7 should fire up and run, but it is possible there could be something environmental going on.

Come meet me at the LSNA!

Hi David,
Thanks for the quick response.

I used a command line to start and it displays these variables:
C:\liferay-ce-portal-7.0-ga3\tomcat-8.0.32\bin>startup.bat
Using CATALINA_BASE: "C:\liferay-ce-portal-7.0-ga3\tomcat-8.0.32"
Using CATALINA_HOME: "C:\liferay-ce-portal-7.0-ga3\tomcat-8.0.32"
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: "C:\liferay-ce-portal-7.0-ga3\tomcat-8.0.32\temp"
Using JRE_HOME: "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_60"
Using CLASSPATH: "C:\liferay-ce-portal-7.0-ga3\tomcat-8.0.32\bin\bootstrap.jar;C:\liferay-ce-portal-7.0-ga3\tomcat-8.0.32\bin\tomcat-juli.jar"
C:\liferay-ce-portal-7.0-ga3\tomcat-8.0.32\bin>

My JAVA_HOME system variable is C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_40.

It looks to me like these are correct - is it possible Liferay is looking somewhere else for the JDK version?

Thanks,
Darcey
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Publications: 14916 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
IIRC the startup scripts will use the JRE_HOME even when the JAVA_HOME is defined.

Try unsetting the JRE_HOME and make sure your windows path is prefixed with %JAVA_HOME%\bin so it comes first in the path. Verify with the "java -version" command to show that you're running the jdk.

David,
I removed the JRE_HOME variable, moved the %JAVA_HOME% variable to the beginning of PATH, confirmed java -version, and used a command prompt to run startup.bat - it worked!

Thanks for your help,
Darcey
thumbnail

Glad it's working, Darcey.

The Liferay bundle requires the JDK for JSP compiles and the like; I think straight tomcat doesn't require it so the startup scripts will rely on the JRE if it is defined. Liferay doesn't modify startup scripts themselves, they kind of leave it up to the end users.