Forums de discussion

Chat with organization users

thumbnail
Koen Olaerts, modifié il y a 13 années.

Chat with organization users

New Member Publications: 19 Date d'inscription: 21/12/10 Publications récentes
Hello,

After some research in the chat portlet I was wondering if it would be possible to change the settings of the portlet so we can only chat with users that are in the same organization.

I found that in the portlet.properties file we can set the buddy.list.strategy property to all, communities, friends or communities & friends. So there seems to be no configuration for organizations.

But maybe this is possible by changing the code in some way? My first try was to pass the organizationId to the call of StatusLocalServiceUtil.getAllStatuses (instead of the companyId) in the ChatUtil, but this didn't work.

Maybe we should, in some way, say that all organization users are friends of each other and then have the chat portlet select only friends?

If somebody can help me it would be nice.
Doug Molineux, modifié il y a 13 années.

RE: Chat with organization users

Junior Member Publications: 33 Date d'inscription: 05/01/11 Publications récentes
I would also like to know if this is possible. On a side note, @Koen did you change the portal.properties under

WEB-INF/src/

or

WEB-INF/classes/

and did you need to restart Tomcat? Or glassfish?
Thanks!
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modifié il y a 13 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 7942 Date d'inscription: 24/03/10 Publications récentes
Create a portal-ext.properties under WEB-INF/classes/

/src files are loaded.

You have to restart Liferay for the properties to become effective.
SZ khan, modifié il y a 13 années.

Regular Member Publications: 145 Date d'inscription: 31/10/09 Publications récentes
I think you have to write custom sql findByUsersOrganisations in default.xml
and then include it in classes StatusFinderImpl and StatusLocalServiceImpl. Afterwards you can include your condition in getBuddies method
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modifié il y a 13 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 7942 Date d'inscription: 24/03/10 Publications récentes
I think you have to write custom sql findByUsersOrganisations in default.xml
and then include it in classes StatusFinderImpl and StatusLocalServiceImpl. Afterwards you can include your condition in getBuddies method

Agree. Seems that I would have to add getOrgStatus to StatusLocalServiceUtil and add this to all the other places where getGroupStatus is being called.
hamid gholipour, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 3 Date d'inscription: 10/12/12 Publications récentes
hi
my liferay version is 6.1 ,
i cant enable chat portlet.
i cant see more install in Plugins Installation .
im run step by step this link : http://www.liferay.com/about-us/newsroom/press-releases?p_p_auth=hV1Rdpdc&p_p_id=101&p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_state=maximized&p_p_mode=view&_101_struts_action=%2Fasset_publisher%2Fview_content&_101_assetEntryId=25211467&_101_type=content&_101_urlTitle=ch-4&redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.liferay.com%2Fdocumentation%2Fliferay-portal%2F6.1%2Fuser-guide%3Fp_p_id%3D3%26p_p_lifecycle%3D0%26p_p_state%3Dmaximized%26p_p_mode%3Dview%26_3_keywords%3Dhow%2Bto%2Benabled%2Bchat%2Bportlet%26_3_struts_action%3D%252Fsearch%252Fsearch

emoticon but i cant use chat portlet.

i see (Chat is temporarily unavailable.) Exception in liferay page , and see any more Exception in tomcat server.

pls help me.