Forums de discussion

Alpha numeric characters in username

Heena R, modifié il y a 7 années.

Alpha numeric characters in username

New Member Publications: 21 Date d'inscription: 08/08/16 Publications récentes
Hi,
i m using liferay 6.2 GA6 during sign in it ask two details for authentication email-id and password. so is their any possibility to change inspite of email-id can i use username for authentication and in username can i set alphanumeric characters. so can anyone tell what is recommended way and how to achieve this.

tnx in advance
thumbnail
Jorge Díaz, modifié il y a 7 années.

RE: Alpha numeric characters in username

Liferay Master Publications: 753 Date d'inscription: 09/01/14 Publications récentes
Hi Heena,

You have information about configuring that in:
https://dev.liferay.com/discover/portal/-/knowledge_base/6-2/configuring-portal-settings

In following paragraph:
AUTHENTICATION
The Authentication page has several tabs: General, LDAP, CAS, Facebook, NTLM, OpenID, Open SSO and SiteMinder. You can use any of these authentication methods to configure how users will authenticate to Liferay. Since Liferay supports quite a few authentication methods, there are different settings for each.

The settings on the General tab of the Authentication page affect only Liferay functionality and don’t have anything to do with the integration options on the other tabs. The General tab allows you to customize Liferay’s standard authentication behavior. Specifically, the General tab allows you to select from several global authentication settings:

Authenticate via email address (default), screen name, or user ID (a numerical ID auto-generated in the database–not recommended).
Heena R, modifié il y a 7 années.

RE: Alpha numeric characters in username

New Member Publications: 21 Date d'inscription: 08/08/16 Publications récentes
hi,
thanks for information . i have one more query can we use special characters for sceen name . i m aware that it's possible by writing our own ScreenNameValidator but i want to know if by default is their any such option from which we can achieve this and can we change the label screen name to user name. please if anyone knows the solution for this do reply.

thanks in advance.