Forums de discussion

Liferay 7 AlloyUI 4 ?

Ram b, modifié il y a 7 années.

Liferay 7 AlloyUI 4 ?

New Member Publications: 11 Date d'inscription: 02/07/16 Publications récentes
HI,

I am new to this liferay. i read that we are going to get alloyUI 4 (based on JQuery) in liferay 7(https://web.liferay.com/web/nathan.cavanaugh/blog/-/blogs/the-future-of-ui-development-and-alloyui-in-liferay-7). But i dont find any link that liferay 7 has alloyUI4

Thanks
Ram

RE: Liferay 7 AlloyUI 4 ?

Is AlloyUI4 available with liferay 7 ?
thumbnail
Arun Das, modifié il y a 7 années.

Regular Member Publications: 166 Date d'inscription: 23/07/12 Publications récentes
Hi,
My friend, you are referring to an old blog. I don't think there is an AlloyUI 4 version available. The right place for you to start is here

Arun

Thanks arun for pointing me to that link. That will be helpful.

I am just starting a new application.My main requirement is site should be responsive and should work across different devices nicely. So i am thinking about using lifray 6.2/7. i will be using spring 4 for portlet development. I dont find maven dependency for liferay 7. Is it too early for using liferay 7.

Where can i find examples with spring 4 and liferay 7 ?

Please suggest 6.2 or 7 . which i need to use ?
thumbnail
Andrew Jardine, modifié il y a 7 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 2416 Date d'inscription: 22/12/10 Publications récentes
If you are looking for examples to help you along, then you will find a lot more documentation and examples for 6.2 then you will 7. It's only been a few months now since 7 was officially released ... there is more and more content being published, but it's still pretty well in flux. I'm have come across many examples that don't semester to work as advertised (forcdxamlle). 6.2 had been out for a few years now so what you find on that front will be accurate 90% of the time. 6.2 is responsible dive out of the box, but uses bootstrap 2.6 and alloy based on yui, not jquery. With that said, if you are desperate to use jquery, there is nothing stopping you from using it with 6.2.

So can i use jquery and bootstrap3 with liferay 6.2 ? Any example will be helpful .

Thanks in advance.
thumbnail
Kyle Joseph Stiemann, modifié il y a 7 années.

RE: Liferay 7 AlloyUI 4 ? (Réponse)

Liferay Master Publications: 760 Date d'inscription: 14/01/13 Publications récentes
Hi Ram,
Ram b:
So can i use jquery and bootstrap3 with liferay 6.2 ?

It seems like some people have had success using Bootstrap 3 in Liferay 6.2, but I wouldn't recommend it. I think it would be pretty difficult to get it working correctly. Since Liferay 7 utilizes Bootstrap 3 and Liferay 7 is the most recent version of Liferay, I recommend using Liferay 7.

As to your questions about AlloyUI 4:

According to a recent blog post by Nate Cavenaugh, AlloyUI 3 is included with Liferay 7 but it is deprecated. The team also decided to release metal.js instead of AlloyUI 4 for various reasons. In short, the front end team at Liferay is sunsetting AlloyUI, and metal.js has been created to replace it. Please check out the blog post for more details.

- Kyle

Thanks kyle
Vlad Gets, modifié il y a 7 années.

New Member Publications: 8 Date d'inscription: 02/11/16 Publications récentes
i didnt hear - AlloyUI4 available with liferay 7
thumbnail
Jonathan Mak, modifié il y a 7 années.

Junior Member Publications: 44 Date d'inscription: 03/02/11 Publications récentes
Hi Vlad,

We are not releasing a new version of AlloyUI for Liferay 7. AlloyUI3 is included in Liferay 7 but is deprecated. We decided to release metal.js instead of AlloyUI 4. In short, the front end team at Liferay is sunsetting AlloyUI, and metal.js has been created to replace it. Please check out the Nate Cavanaugh's blog post for more details.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!