Forums de discussion

Inter portlet communication

Arun Meriyala, modifié il y a 13 années.

Inter portlet communication

Junior Member Publications: 29 Date d'inscription: 20/01/11 Publications récentes
Hi All,

How to call a portlet into another portlet.
For example:- I had a portlet named as "authorities", when a user login to the application based on his roles, corresponding portlet(separate portlet designed for a group of roles) need to be displayed into "authorities" portlet.

I am using the Liferay v 6.0.5.

Request give some inputs.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Arun.
thumbnail
Faris Abdulla, modifié il y a 13 années.

RE: Inter portlet communication

Regular Member Publications: 183 Date d'inscription: 02/09/09 Publications récentes
Hi Arun,

I'm not much clear of your requirement. Mean that you need to redirect to other page where your "authorities" portlet placed or need to load the same page where your "authorities" portlet lays.

If you just need to seperate the portlet according to roles. You just need to set the portlet permission and validate. Liferay will automatically set the user permission when a user login.
or
If you need to redirect to some other pages according to role. Need to override the LoginPostAction event for checking the permission and redirect.
or
For using the IPC you can refer this

Hope the information may help you..

Junior Member Publications: 29 Date d'inscription: 20/01/11 Publications récentes
Hi,

My Requirment is like this:
Whenever the user login to the applicaiton by using Sign In portlet, there will be a Bill portlet which is generic all users whoever logs in. But based on the roles assigned to him/her this bill portlet should call another portlet and get display the page with in the same bill portlet.

Request to give suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Arun

Hi All,

I had found http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/98637 link.
But the link is older one. can any body give me any suggestions regarding this portlet communication in later versions like 6.0.5

Request to do the needful.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Arun.