Forums de discussion

Update from IDE M3 to stable 3.0.0 GA1: Liferay disapprared

thumbnail
Alessandro Candini, modifié il y a 7 années.

Update from IDE M3 to stable 3.0.0 GA1: Liferay disapprared

Regular Member Publications: 130 Date d'inscription: 17/10/15 Publications récentes
After reading about the official release of IDE 3.0.0 GA1, I've updated my M3 release installed inside my Eclipse Mars 2.
I went to the Eclipse Marketplace and I clicked on update button for the plugin: everything seemed to be ended succesfully but at Eclipse restart, everything related to liferay, create new Module for example, have been disappeared.
Any suggentsions?
thumbnail
Kailash Yadav, modifié il y a 7 années.

RE: Update from IDE M3 to stable 3.0.0 GA1: Liferay disapprared

Regular Member Publications: 211 Date d'inscription: 18/10/11 Publications récentes
Confirmed! I am also facing same issue.
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modifié il y a 7 années.

RE: Update from IDE M3 to stable 3.0.0 GA1: Liferay disapprared (Réponse)

Liferay Legend Publications: 1123 Date d'inscription: 16/02/10 Publications récentes
Hey everyone,

The 3.0 version of Liferay IDE requires Java8 to be the default vm when you launch Eclipse. Can you confirm you have Java8 installed?

If you have java8 and you still don't see the Liferay related items, then you may have to uninstall the previous version of Liferay IDE plugin and re-install the latest one.

Hope this helps!
thumbnail
Alessandro Candini, modifié il y a 7 années.

Regular Member Publications: 130 Date d'inscription: 17/10/15 Publications récentes
You were right Gregory: I set up my Eclipse environment with Java 8 only but at Eclipse startup the system VM was picked up...unfortunately a version 7.
I solved modifying my ~/.profile adding the following lines
export JAVA_HOME=/opt/jdk/jdk1.8.0_91
export PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$ANT_HOME/bin:$PATH

After a logout and re-login, running Eclipse again, now the plugin works as expected.
Thank you!
thumbnail
Gaurav Jain, modifié il y a 7 années.

Regular Member Publications: 145 Date d'inscription: 31/01/11 Publications récentes
emoticon
It took me some time to find the real cause i.e eclipse not started with java8

Somehow (probably like others too), I was ignoring to setup java8 first and was willing to see the IDE first and then I surprised not to see any Liferay things over there.

Maybe worth to highlight on blogs and or other docs!!