Forums de discussion

Stage pages before custom staging

Fernando O, modifié il y a 13 années.

Stage pages before custom staging

New Member Publications: 19 Date d'inscription: 20/07/10 Publications récentes
Hi all,

Maybe this is a very complex question about staging and datahandlers. So this one is for Ray Augé and the other Staging Experts.

I'm fighting with staging to make it work for our custom portlet data too. I've understand more or less how a DataHandler works and I've made my own dataHandler for a custom portlet that assigns webcontents to pages.

The problem is that when I'm going to do the importData of my custom portlet DataHandler i've to made the assigns between the staged contents and the staged pages, but the pages had not been staged yet.

Is there a way to control that the page staging has been done before make my custom portlet staging???

Example:

Before Staging:
I've LayoutX and WebContentX and my custom portlet stores a WebContentX->LayoutX

After Staging I want:
1.-LayoutX and WebContentX and my custom portlet stores a WebContentX->LayoutX (in Live)
2.-LayoutX(staging) and WebContentX(staging) and my custom portlet stores a WebContentX(staging)->LayoutX(staging)

but LayoutX(staging) doesn't exist yet.

Thanks in advance for your attention.

PD: Sorry about my bad English if someone can't undertand the question plese let me know and I would try to explain my self better.