Forums de discussion

Origin of Error Message: You have entered invalid data. Please try again.

thumbnail
Andew Jardine, modifié il y a 13 années.

Origin of Error Message: You have entered invalid data. Please try again.

Liferay Legend Publications: 2416 Date d'inscription: 22/12/10 Publications récentes
Hi Guys,

I have a portlet deployed to the server that has been added to the page. In the processAction method of this portlet I do a variety of things. I am trying, from this method, to invoke an action class from the portal. I have the following code...

String className = "com.liferay.portlet.login.action.LoginAction";
PortletConfig portletConfig = getPortletConfig();

try
{
PortletActionInvoker.processAction(className, portletConfig,
actionRequest, actionResponse);

}
catch (Exception e)
{
_log.error(e, e);
}

.. now I know I have to do more here, but right now I am just trying to see if it enters the hook that I have defined to override the auth.pipeline.pre. I trigger the processAction to run, and I see my output messages. I see that "Triggering action" and "Action fired." message, which are above and below the code above. I don't see the code in my hook. The view for the portlet howeer appears to reload and the message left behind is

"You have entered invalid data. Please try again. "

Can someone tell me what the root of that message is? is it a generic? or does this message have some hidden value that I am not aware of?

A.
thumbnail
Andew Jardine, modifié il y a 13 années.

RE: Origin of Error Message: You have entered invalid data. Please try agai

Liferay Legend Publications: 2416 Date d'inscription: 22/12/10 Publications récentes
I figured this one out. The message "You have entered invalid data" seems to be the portals generic "catch all" that is displayed in place of the exception stacktrace. I was seeing this message because I deleted all the <liferay-ui:error exception="... tags from my view. When I put them back, I saw the invalid data message along with a more descriptive one.