Forums de discussion

[RESOLVED] Liferay 6: Multiple Datasources Issue

Matt Lewis, modifié il y a 13 années.

[RESOLVED] Liferay 6: Multiple Datasources Issue

New Member Publications: 6 Date d'inscription: 26/04/10 Publications récentes
Hi.

I am using Liferay Developer Studio/Liferay Portal 6.0.5/Tomcat 6.0.26. I have created my schema in the liferay database under a separate namespace using service builder/hibernate/mysql...no problem. I have setup the mysql connection through a connection pool and everything is working fine.

The problem I am having is now I want to write to separate mysql db outside the default liferay connection pool that is shared by another outside existing app.

Here are my changes:

server.xml:
<resource auth="Container" driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" factory="org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory" maxActive="50" maxIdle="10" maxWait="10000" removeAbandoned="true" removeAbandonedTimeout="240" validationQuery="SELECT 1" name="jdbc/matt" username="root" password="root" type="javax.sql.DataSource" url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/matt" />

root.xml
<resourcelink global="jdbc/matt1" name="jdbc/matt" type="javax.sql.DataSource" />

web.xml
 <resource-ref>
	  <res-ref-name>jdbc/matt1</res-ref-name>
	  <res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type>
	  <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
  </resource-ref>

And now I am just trying to connect to it to get the connection like this:
		Context initCtx = new InitialContext();
		Context envCtx = (Context) initCtx.lookup("java:comp/env");

DataSource ds = (DataSource)envCtx.lookup("jdbc/matt");

Connection connection = ds.getConnection();

But I am unsuccessful and I keep getting this error:

21:34:25,240 ERROR [PortletServlet:96] javax.portlet.PortletException: org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'
javax.portlet.PortletException: org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'

Any ideas? Anything would help.
Thanks
matt

RE: Liferay 6: Multiple Datasources Issue

So everyone's liferay deployment are simple one database deployments?

How are you guys setting up multiple databases?

Thanks
matt
thumbnail
jelmer kuperus, modifié il y a 13 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 1191 Date d'inscription: 10/03/10 Publications récentes
Your question is completely unrelated to Liferay

consult the tomcat documentation on how to configure jndi datasources

jelmer kuperus:
Your question is completely unrelated to Liferay

consult the tomcat documentation on how to configure jndi datasources

Which is what I thought to but then after reading more and more posts... I have everything setup correctly in tomcat so it has to be a liferay thing?

http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/4372077

Thanks

If you are using Liferay Developer Studio and you want to get this to work...you need to create context.xml file in your /docroot/META-INF.

context.xml
<context path="" docbase="" debug="5" reloadable="true" crosscontext="true">

<resourcelink global="jdbc/matt" name="jdbc/matt" type="javax.sql.DataSource" />

</context>

Using everything in the first post, all I did was create this file and everything started working correctly.

matt
thumbnail
Krati Gupta, modifié il y a 13 années.

Regular Member Publications: 119 Date d'inscription: 05/12/08 Publications récentes
Hi All,

I am using Liferay 5.2.3 and want to connect Liferay-tomcat6.0 with 3 different databases apart from liferay database .

And My requirement is that when a user search user in search box of website , so the user will be search in all the 4 databases and after that result will come .

Please tell this could be possible in Liferay or not ?and if possible so please help me how to implement it .