Forums de discussion

Liferay not able to access Authentication link under Portal settings

sandeep g, modifié il y a 8 années.

Liferay not able to access Authentication link under Portal settings

Junior Member Publications: 29 Date d'inscription: 18/11/14 Publications récentes
Hi,
I have deployed liferay portal war on Jboss EAP 6.4 server. Server started properly and I am able to login to portal admin console. Now when I login to Liferay console as admin user and then try to enable ldap, I am not able to access authentication link under configuration >> Portal settings.

Am I missing any configuration ? did anyone face similar issue?
thumbnail
Andrew Jardine, modifié il y a 8 années.

RE: Liferay not able to access Authentication link under Portal settings

Liferay Legend Publications: 2416 Date d'inscription: 22/12/10 Publications récentes
Hi Sandeep,

When you say you can't access the link, do you mean you click it but you keep getting the default (General) page loaded? I ask because I recently stsarted seeing this but for us (using 6.2 EE SP14) it is happening when you click the "Add" for the ldap servers. It actually only happens with our servers though -- locally everything seems fine for me.

Junior Member Publications: 29 Date d'inscription: 18/11/14 Publications récentes
Yes when i click on authentication link the default general page is loading.

other links below authentication link in the portal settongs page is also not working. When i click just the url on top changes but nothing happens
Default general page stays.
I am using latest liferay war file v 6.2 ga 4, same issue with 6.2ga5
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Publications: 2416 Date d'inscription: 22/12/10 Publications récentes
This sounds like the same issue I am having -- but much more drastic for you! I have found a few other posts with others stating the same issues. Perhaps one of their solutions will work for you. Check out this one for example: https://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/62630726

I have just deployed liferay-portal-6.2-ce-ga5-20151118111117117.war , do I need to deploy any other war files on jboss for that feature to work ?
thumbnail

No -- the feature is supposed to work out of the box. There does seem to be a potential root cause that has something to do with specific configuration settings though. Did you look at the other thread I included in the last message?

Yeah, But I am not getting to the screen where it shows the ldap option at all.
thumbnail

Hi Sandeep --

I understand that, but the behaviour seems to be the same. If you right click on the link and inspect element you will probably find that the target url is "missing" or is at least much shorter than it should be. This is the behaviour that I am obeserving on my end as well. I was just referring to that thread to see if the solution they tried would, possibly, work for you as well.

I found the issue. there was a typo when adding this property -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8, so the ckeditor.js file minification was adding spl chars and causing js error, so the link was not working.
after correcting everything working as expected.

Thankyou for your help.
thumbnail

Hi Sandeep,

Glad you got it resolved! Just one clarification if you can -- did you end up using -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 and the setting? In my environment I have -Dfile.encoding=UTF8 (on my local where there is no issue currently). I haven't checked the servers yet.

Sorry for late reply. I just added -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 this to JVM arguments.