Forums de discussion

Help! How to add registration field to liferay.

xun ren, modifié il y a 16 années.

Junior Member Publications: 81 Date d'inscription: 01/04/08 Publications récentes
I am dealing with adding some registration field into liferay's registration form. Though we can use the liferay template to create a new account. However, I am required to add some specific information(telephone number, for example) to the registration form using ext. I am new to liferay. May I have your attetion to help me deal with this. If you do not have time or it is very hard to explain, just give me some tips please. That will be very kind of you! Merci beaucoup!
thumbnail
Shivani Chandna, modifié il y a 16 années.

RE: Help! How to add registration field to liferay.

Junior Member Publications: 54 Date d'inscription: 17/07/07 Publications récentes
1. have you downloaded the ext and have it running in your dev environment?
if not - go to sourceforget and download ext and the documents for knowing how to do development with eclipse+tomcat in debug mode for liferay.

2. then determine the set of ui pages and java files that need the change and go ahead with it...

Hth.
xun ren, modifié il y a 16 années.

Junior Member Publications: 81 Date d'inscription: 01/04/08 Publications récentes
Hi, I got it! This link is useful: http://wiki.liferay.com/index.php/Extend_Liferay_Tables. Thank you!
Hari Krishnan R, modifié il y a 15 années.

Junior Member Publications: 60 Date d'inscription: 16/12/08 Publications récentes
Hi xun ren ,

Me too having same requirements but as per u told this link http://wiki.liferay.com/index.php/Extend_Liferay_Tables is not working its redirect to http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/wiki link. May I know the details for customizing “Create Account” form…?

Plz help me

thanks in advance....
Pratyush Kumar, modifié il y a 13 années.

New Member Envoyer: 1 Date d'inscription: 15/11/10 Publications récentes
Hi Hari,

The correct link is http://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Extend+Liferay+Tables

I hope the link would give you enough information to make your changes.

Regards,
Pratyush Kumar
www.algoworks.com
suresh koppula, modifié il y a 13 années.

New Member Publications: 19 Date d'inscription: 25/04/10 Publications récentes
hi Xun ren, i want to know that how we can add the field in the registration form and after adding we add the field in the database table too (sql).now i want to know, is this possible to insert the data into the table which is updated from the registration form.if so plse help me.
thumbnail
Apoorva Prakash, modifié il y a 13 années.

Liferay Master Publications: 658 Date d'inscription: 15/06/10 Publications récentes
suresh koppula:
hi Xun ren, i want to know that how we can add the field in the registration form and after adding we add the field in the database table too (sql).now i want to know, is this possible to insert the data into the table which is updated from the registration form.if so plse help me.

Hello Koppula,

Extending Liferay Tables is a good method, but I'll suggest you to go with custom Attributes. That will much easier to implement.

Adding Custom Attribute
Control panel >> User >> Custom Attribute >> Add Custom Attribute

Accessing programatically(in Action Class)
ThemeDisplay td = (ThemeDisplay) req.getAttribute(Web.Keys.THEME_DISPALY);
User u=td.getUser();
String s=u.getExpendoBrodge().getAttribute("AttributeName");

Showing at JSP
<liferay-ui:custom-attribute-list classname="com.liferay.portal.model.user" classpk="<%=01%">"
editable="&lt;%=true%&gt;"
label="&lt;%=true%&gt;" /&gt;</liferay-ui:custom-attribute-list>

but this will not be visible due to permission, so login as administrator and give permission of view and update to user...

Hope this solution is enough and will help...

Thanks and Regards...