Forums de discussion

Just a simple question about LifeRay CMS

Mirwais Amadodin, modifié il y a 8 années.

Just a simple question about LifeRay CMS

New Member Publications: 10 Date d'inscription: 20/10/15 Publications récentes
Hello I am working with LifeRay EE 6.2 SP13 since one week and it is a great piece of technology. I know that you cannot compare Wordpress with LifeRay . But is it possible to create a Website in a similar way like Wordpress. For example you can create a header in Wordpress via HTML code or via text then create a css file for the header. After that you can create a HTML body and insert content into the HTML body plus a css file for the body, then create the footer and so on. When you are finished with your website you might save your website in Wordpress. If some changes need to be made then you can edit the certain part of you website and save it again. I would like to create a website in a similar way, which Wordpress offers . My colleagues are arguing that every basic/simple CMS can create a website in a similar way like Wordpress.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, modifié il y a 8 années.

RE: Just a simple question about LifeRay CMS

Liferay Legend Publications: 3089 Date d'inscription: 28/10/08 Publications récentes
Hi Mirwais,

welcome to Liferay!! Hope you enjoy the technology the same as we do emoticon

For customizing headers, body and footer appearance you should have to implement a Theme (here you have more info and links) or use one of the available themes in Marketplace.

About "body", Liferay uses a JSR standard named "portlet", so on every page you can add 0 to N web applications (named "portlets") that will appear like "mini sections". You can drag & drop those sections for changing the layout. There are many out of the box layout templates in Liferay, but you can customize to fit your needs. Read this link to learn more about that.

So, as you can see, there are many possibilities to make your web pages appear as you like without having a high cost of maintenance.

If you have any doubt, write here in forums ;-9.
Mirwais Amadodin, modifié il y a 8 années.

New Member Publications: 10 Date d'inscription: 20/10/15 Publications récentes
Juan Gonzalez:
Hi Mirwais,

welcome to Liferay!! Hope you enjoy the technology the same as we do emoticon

For customizing headers, body and footer appearance you should have to implement a Theme (here you have more info and links) or use one of the available themes in Marketplace.

About "body", Liferay uses a JSR standard named "portlet", so on every page you can add 0 to N web applications (named "portlets") that will appear like "mini sections". You can drag & drop those sections for changing the layout. There are many out of the box layout templates in Liferay, but you can customize to fit your needs. Read this link to learn more about that.

So, as you can see, there are many possibilities to make your web pages appear as you like without having a high cost of maintenance.

If you have any doubt, write here in forums ;-9.

Hi Juan,

thanks for your response. That means that I have to create a custom theme if I want to create my own header with different images/pictures and css file, and the body with content + css and the footer etc? Some people are still not believing me, they said that every content management system provides the same options like WordPress on how to build a website. My colleagues are even betting that, Liferay can build a website like Wordpress. Now after working with LifeRay, I found out that there are no options available for creating an header, body, footer right from the start. I will start creating a theme, actually I would like to create an editing solution ( in LifeRay EE graphical drap and drop etc) for html email templates, to edit these html email templates or creating a new html email templates from existing templates.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, modifié il y a 8 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 3089 Date d'inscription: 28/10/08 Publications récentes
BTW I didn't mentioned that in Liferay Marketplace you don't only have themes or layout templates to use, but portlets too that maybe useful for your projects.