Forums de discussion

Liferay 6.2 and LDAP Authentication

thumbnail
William Gosse, modifié il y a 8 années.

Liferay 6.2 and LDAP Authentication

Liferay Master Publications: 533 Date d'inscription: 04/07/10 Publications récentes
Can someone please explain to me how the LDAP Authentication module in Liferay 6.2 is supposed to work. I have had actually no luck in making this work at all. I have existing users in an LDAP. Based upon what I read if I enable the LDAP Authentication the first time I try to login with and LDAP user that user will be imported into Liferay. Is that wrong? I also tried putting the user in both Liferay and LDAP and that doesn't seem to work either. Thanks in adavance.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 8 années.

RE: Liferay 6.2 and LDAP Authentication

Liferay Legend Publications: 14916 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
So liferay will look up the User record so it has the info to bind against LDAP. The bind must be successful for user auth. Post auth the sync will occur.

Now you can do a login w/o the initial user record if you're configured to bind against LDAP using the info collected on the login form, but if you're logging in w/ email and binding using screen name the user account must exist first.

It's often much easier to have the import process run on it's own rather than only on-demand.
thumbnail

Liferay Master Publications: 533 Date d'inscription: 04/07/10 Publications récentes
David H Nebinger:

Now you can do a login w/o the initial user record if you're configured to bind against LDAP using the info collected on the login form

This is what I'm trying to do trying to bind with the email address but I don't see the actual email entered being substituted in the search correctly. Are there an additional properties that need to go in the portal-ext.properties.
thumbnail

Everything seems to work fine on 6.2 enterprise but not community.
thumbnail

RE: Liferay 6.2 and LDAP Authentication (Réponse)

It looks like we were able to work around this issue by opening up https port directly on the app server where liferay is deployed. When access the control panel using the appserver url and port the add ldap server button works correctly.