Forums de discussion

Alloy UI questions (TreeView, Dialog)

Sergey Stepanenko, modifié il y a 13 années.

Alloy UI questions (TreeView, Dialog)

Junior Member Publications: 47 Date d'inscription: 01/06/10 Publications récentes
Hi,

Would that be possible for someone to post an example to some Alloy UI functionality.

AUI documentations is not sufficient and I'm not that much experienced javascript guru to figure everything by myself and it takes quite a time.

In particular how would someone load/reload TreeView component? I have found no easy method to do so. I thought it should be something that will be well exposed/documented. Also I'm having problems understanding how it could load its data via AJAX. Actually I'm using DWR and it would be a good idea to integrate the two (in my opinion of course).

Another question is how to do a callback or by other means reloading, for exmple, TreeView after AUI dialog function use? What am I trying to achieve is TreeView nodes editing using Dialog - this is something really good interface for a web application.

I have seen all the demos that come with AUI and it doesn't really help on questions I'm posting here.

Thanks in advance!
thumbnail
Marlon José López Meza, modifié il y a 13 années.

RE: Alloy UI questions (TreeView, Dialog)

New Member Publications: 9 Date d'inscription: 16/10/10 Publications récentes
Good day

Im agreed with your comment

Actualliy im developing portlets using liferay portal and alloy ui for UI design...
but the examples not explain some functionalities needed, like this one:

A dialog with two treeviews, one for selecting nodes and other for save the selected ones, and the logic under my app for moving nodes between the treeviews is really complicated.

soon i will post a message about it, but is really important for me and others developers that are using alloy ui for get advanced information about examples, tips,, tutorials and more...

Junior Member Publications: 47 Date d'inscription: 01/06/10 Publications récentes
Hi,

I believe I have done it couple months ago... After some time you are becoming more-less familiar with its nature.

More documentation and samples would be good anyway.

btw. I've seen a bug in TreeView component - not sure if it is fixed. Just for the caution - if You delete all child nodes - there's no way to add child nodes anymore - drag-drop feature stops working for nodes without children.
thumbnail
Marlon José López Meza, modifié il y a 13 années.

New Member Publications: 9 Date d'inscription: 16/10/10 Publications récentes
Hi,

When you wrote "I believe I have done it couple months ago... ", you mean that you did the behavior referenced in my last post???

I've taking so long time and im so frustrated about the ways for making work the add/remove functionality between these two AUI treeview instances.

Would you tell me about that experience? right now, i made that treeview1's checked nodes (parent/childs) pass into treeview2's children data, but when removing items from tree1, a weird javascript error, related to array length appears in my firebug console xD

Note: in other forum thread i posted about my problem with aui's treeview, you can check it out:

Alloy ui treeview usability problems

best regards,

Hello,

I've meant that found a way to figure out my problems. My app was for adding/removing nodes. Changing the order and saving to database. Have not moved nodes between two trees but don't see why this should be a problem.

I'd suppose to hold all the data in treeviews while moving nodes and save the data only when finishing the work.