Forums de discussion

Broken CSS

thumbnail
William Fleming, modifié il y a 13 années.

Broken CSS

Regular Member Publications: 180 Date d'inscription: 15/09/10 Publications récentes
IS there a fix for the broken CSS on social office.

I have tried entering : com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.cache.CacheFilter=false
com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.gzip.GZipFilter=false

This seemed to make no difference if my proxy is caching the data would this be why its still appearing like this?

Thanks
Nick Willey, modifié il y a 13 années.

RE: Broken CSS

Junior Member Publications: 53 Date d'inscription: 24/08/10 Publications récentes
Are you still running Java 6 as mentioned in your previous post? Also, have you cleared the cache and temp files?

Nick
thumbnail

Regular Member Publications: 180 Date d'inscription: 15/09/10 Publications récentes
how to do i clear the cache and temp files?

Thanks
Nick Willey, modifié il y a 13 années.

Junior Member Publications: 53 Date d'inscription: 24/08/10 Publications récentes
To clear the cache:

Login as admin user -> go to Control Panel -> Server Administration -> click Execute next to 'Clear content cached by this VM.'

I got the idea of clearing the temp files from SOS-201. To clear the temp files stop your tomcat server, and remove the temp directory contents, then restart tomcat.

These two steps, along with the entries in the portal-ext.properties file that I mentioned in the other post you started are what solved the problem for me.

Nick

Edit:

Make sure you also turn off the cache feature of your browser, or clear your browser cache.
thumbnail
Ryan Park, modifié il y a 13 années.

Regular Member Publications: 120 Date d'inscription: 28/08/07 Publications récentes
I'm not 100% certain that this will work but I do believe there was a work around for this problem. if you run Social Office without turning on the CSS cache I *believe* you can avoid this problem. However, this will decrease page load performance.

The safest bet is to just run Social Office in developer mode which will turn off all cache. To do so, from your tomcat folder navigate to: /webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/. There you should find portal-developer.properties. Copy its contents to or duplicate that file as portal-ext.properties in that same directory. Then restart tomcat.

I'm not positive but I think of all those properties, you'll only need to set:
theme.css.fast.load=false

But I'm not certain.

I hope this solves some issues.
thumbnail

Nick Willey:
To clear the cache:

Login as admin user -> go to Control Panel -> Server Administration -> click Execute next to 'Clear content cached by this VM.'

I got the idea of clearing the temp files from SOS-201. To clear the temp files stop your tomcat server, and remove the temp directory contents, then restart tomcat.

These two steps, along with the entries in the portal-ext.properties file that I mentioned in the other post you started are what solved the problem for me.

Nick

Edit:

Make sure you also turn off the cache feature of your browser, or clear your browser cache.

Thanks i had tried this but at work im behind a proxy which was set to caching i think this is why i was having alot of trouble with it. Thanks for the help though!