Forums de discussion

Who has access to the marketplace?

Ralph van Etten, modifié il y a 8 années.

Who has access to the marketplace?

New Member Publications: 6 Date d'inscription: 02/09/15 Publications récentes
Hi,

I have a fresh liferay 6.2 installation and I was wondering who has access to the marketplace.

I have an user which belongs to a group which has the Administrator role. This user can do administration things but does not have access to the liferay marketplace. Aren't Administrators allowed to see the marketplace?
How can I give other users access to the market place?

Thanks.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 8 années.

RE: Who has access to the marketplace?

Liferay Legend Publications: 14919 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
Hmm. When you set up the MarketPlace stuff, you do have to give it the credentials for the MarketPlace account to use. I wouldn't think that would be bound to the actual Liferay admin account that makes the connection, but honestly I haven't tried this kind of thing yet.

What version of 6.2 are you using? Have you checked jira for an associated bug?
thumbnail
Meera Prince, modifié il y a 8 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 1111 Date d'inscription: 08/02/11 Publications récentes
HI
Portla Admin/Omniadmin can access this portlet .. i check for other role define permission there I could not found Market place portlet . its concluded that it will be accessible by only Omni admin.
I also found following code there they are checking isOmniadmin.

public class AppManagerControlPanelEntry extends BaseControlPanelEntry {

public boolean hasAccessPermission(
PermissionChecker permissionChecker, Group group, Portlet portlet)
throws Exception {

return permissionChecker.isOmniadmin();
}

}

Regards,
Meera Prince

Ah, Ok.

So only omniadmin users are allowed to access the marketplace.

Is it possible to define which user is an omniadmin without using the portal properties file? My users are stored in LDAP and I would like to make an user an omniadmin if the user is in a particular LDAP group.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modifié il y a 8 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 6403 Date d'inscription: 23/09/08 Publications récentes
It's enough to just have the portal wide "Administrator" role - works for me. If it doesn't, please specify your version. I've checked with 6.2 EE SP 11 or 12. Every Administrator has to log in to marketplace though - they don't automagically share one account.

I am running 6.2 CE GA4.

I've checked and I have one user with the Administrator role which I've added to the omniadmin.user property and this user can see the store.

I have another user which just has the Administrator role and is not an omniadmin and this user can not see the store nor the app manager.