Forums de discussion

Manage Pages is temporarily unavailable [Resolved]

thumbnail
Wade MacDonald, modifié il y a 16 années.

Manage Pages is temporarily unavailable [Resolved]

Junior Member Publications: 40 Date d'inscription: 06/03/08 Publications récentes
Hello All,

I have gotten LifeRay installed using a DB2 database,

version:
liferay-portal-tomcat-5.5-jdk5-4.4.2

BUT when I try to add a page in Manage Pages section under public or private pages as the test@liferay.com user I get the following error.

Manage Pages is temporarily unavailable

BUT.. at the same time when I add a page in the menu bar using the add a page link it works great, but than I can not edit the settings in the Manage Pages for the URL etc..

any ideas?
thumbnail

RE: Manage Pages is temporarily unavailable

Junior Member Publications: 40 Date d'inscription: 06/03/08 Publications récentes
Hello,

Any ideas in the community on this emoticon
thumbnail
Ron Bense, modifié il y a 16 années.

Regular Member Publications: 117 Date d'inscription: 23/08/07 Publications récentes
No ideas, but I can confirm that the My Communities pages seem to be a special case. If something on an admin level doesn't work in "My Communities", try it somewhere else. The flash portlet is one example of a portlet that cannot be configured in My Communities, but works anywhere else.

I've not yet had time to track this down, but strongly suspect it is related to roles, permissions, and the fact that My Community is a bit of a special case. No one but the user supposedly can view their own community, so unlike everything else I suspect this one is somehow attached to the user profile instead of the two common locations: organizations and communities. Our instructions to our initial beta users is "don't do anything in the My Community area" just use the other organizations and communities we've setup.
thumbnail

I tried to setup a new user and login... when I log in and do the terms and service pages and click on where it would take me to my new home page I get:

An unexpected system error occurred.

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: org.hibernate.exception.ConstraintViolationException: Could not execute JDBC batch update
thumbnail

The next chapter.. emoticon

I reload the page and BAM it is all there setup and looking good .. here is the twist in the story... I go to add a page to my new user and I get the "Manage Pages is temporarily unavailable."

if anyone can give me a start point to getting this fixed up I would be overjoyed emoticon
thumbnail

Hello,

Update for my peeps that may be reading this emoticon

I have changed over to a mysql DB and found that is resolved the issue of the Manage Pages is temporarily unavailable but this does not end it as we do wish to use DB2 for the production value of what it can offer over MySql.
thumbnail
JR Houn, modifié il y a 16 années.

Expert Publications: 488 Date d'inscription: 19/11/07 Publications récentes
Hi Wade-
BUT when I try to add a page in Manage Pages section under public or private pages as the test@liferay.com user I get the following error.

Manage Pages is temporarily unavailable

BUT.. at the same time when I add a page in the menu bar using the add a page link it works great, but than I can not edit the settings in the Manage Pages for the URL etc..

Thought I'd throw my random thoughts in. In your OP did you have any errors in your tomcat log that was generated after the above error?

jr
thumbnail

No I honestly did not see any errors in the logs which where connected to the message that was displayed when I tried to add a page in the manage pages section.

with MySql on the same install of LR I get no error adding pages under the manage pages but I do when I do it with DB2, I will rebuild the DB2 database and try again.

I will also test it with MS Sql 2005 .. keep you all updated emoticon
Alessandro Canovi, modifié il y a 16 années.

New Member Publications: 2 Date d'inscription: 20/03/08 Publications récentes
Hello everybody!
I think I've found a solution...it's a problem related to DB2 create script for table layout:

create table Layout (
plid bigint not null primary key,
groupId bigint,
companyId bigint,
privateLayout smallint,
layoutId bigint,
parentLayoutId bigint,
name varchar(500),
title varchar(500),
description varchar(500),
type_ varchar(75),
typeSettings clob,
hidden_ smallint,
friendlyURL varchar(100),
iconImage smallint,
iconImageId bigint,
themeId varchar(75),
colorSchemeId varchar(75),
wapThemeId varchar(75),
wapColorSchemeId varchar(75),
css varchar(500),
priority integer,
dlFolderId bigint
);

name and title fields are too small, to fix the problem I've altered the table:

ALTER TABLE LAYOUT
ALTER COLUMN NAME SET DATA TYPE VARCHAR ( 1000 )
ALTER COLUMN TITLE SET DATA TYPE VARCHAR ( 1000 ) ;
thumbnail
Shepherd Ching, modifié il y a 16 années.

Regular Member Publications: 153 Date d'inscription: 14/07/06 Publications récentes
Dear Alessandro Canovi,

You are smart!
I have spent for a long time but I still don't have any idea what's wrong with my DB2.

I follow your solution and everything is fine in DB2 now.

And I have submitted your solution into support ticket
http://support.liferay.com/browse/LEP-5468

Thank you very much for your help.

Ching
thumbnail

Hello,

So if a adjust those two items within the Database table from 500 to 1000 and restart the db and LifeRay we should be all good?
thumbnail

WORKED! 100 percent.

I went into the DB and adjusted the amounts reload and mange pages is not "manageable" emoticon

This issue is resolved and I hope in the next rollout of LifeRay that they have this adjustment build into the scripts for building the db emoticon
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, modifié il y a 14 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 2034 Date d'inscription: 05/03/09 Publications récentes
I'm having the same error with MySQL and tried your fix. Sadly, no love :/ Something seems to be seriously whacked. I'm going to try rolling back to the default theme to see if that does it.

Edit: I had thought since we applied a new theme to the pages that might be it, but that's not it. Liferay is rolled back to the default theme but I'm still not able to add pages or add portlets to pages. The entire manage pages is kaput.