Forums de discussion

Create a regular Liferay page that contains "MyAccount"

Thomas Kellerer, modifié il y a 13 années.

Create a regular Liferay page that contains "MyAccount"

Expert Publications: 490 Date d'inscription: 09/06/08 Publications récentes
Hi,

is it possible to create a regular Liferay page (that shows up in the navigation) that gives the user the ability to modify his/her account.

So essentially a page with the "My Account" portlet that looks like all other pages, and is not displayed as part of the Control Panel
thumbnail
Sandeep Nair, modifié il y a 13 années.

RE: Create a regular Liferay page that contains "MyAccount"

Liferay Legend Publications: 1744 Date d'inscription: 06/11/08 Publications récentes
To make My Account portlet not available in Control Panel and show just as any other normal addable portlet, you have to modify the liferay-portlet.xml

The first portlet with portlet id 2 is My Account portlet. There is a tag at the end named <system>true</system>

Remove or comment that line and restart the server

Regards,
Sandeep

I don't want to remove it from the Control Panel. It should still be in there for aministrators.

I simply want to create a page where regular users can edit their profile without the need to "change" to the control panel (which looks totally different than the rest of portal).
thumbnail
Sandeep Nair, modifié il y a 13 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 1744 Date d'inscription: 06/11/08 Publications récentes
Then you have to create a custom portlet for that with whatever details and look that you want and add it in that page and you have to use My Account portlet as a reference.

Regards,
Sandeep

OK, I feared that we'll need to do our custom development.

Which is really a shame, it should be possible to simply put that (already available) portlet on a page outside the control panel.

Thanks
Thomas
Jen Fong, modifié il y a 13 années.

New Member Publications: 10 Date d'inscription: 20/05/10 Publications récentes
Hi, Thomas--

Did you eventually create your own replacement portlet for 'myaccount' or did you figure out how to get the 'myaccount' portlet onto a regular page?

I agree that it really is a shame we would have to write our own, as the myaccount portlet is quite nicely laid out already and having to delve into the API for user update functions for our own custom portlet wasn't part of our plan. emoticon But anyhow, I was just curious how you eventually solved this problem.
thumbnail
Mazhar Alam, modifié il y a 11 années.

Regular Member Publications: 191 Date d'inscription: 25/11/11 Publications récentes
Hey did you find a way of doing this...?
To create a page for user to manage his user details..

Thanks
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 11 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 14916 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
I don't think creating your own is absolutely necessary.

You can probably copy the portlet info in portlet.xml and liferay-portlet.xml to define a new portlet using all of the same info. Just don't call it portlet '2', and strip the system flag from the entry in liferay-portlet.xml.
Eric Smith, modifié il y a 10 années.

Junior Member Publications: 66 Date d'inscription: 28/08/12 Publications récentes
Here's how to do it with 6.1.1 GA2, just be careful with the ext.

http://michi-path.blogspot.ca/2013/05/use-createmy-account-portlet-liferay-61.html