Forums de discussion

liferay 6 / windows server 2012

Matthieu Vincent, modifié il y a 8 années.

liferay 6 / windows server 2012

New Member Publications: 3 Date d'inscription: 28/05/15 Publications récentes
Bonjour

J'aurais souhaité savoir si la version 6 de Liferay Portal est certifié pour une installation sur Windows Server 2012 car mon client souhaite migrer ses VMs sur cette OS et souhaite avec confirmation de la certification des outils sur ce futur environnement.

Merci
MV.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 8 années.

RE: liferay 6 / windows server 2012

Liferay Legend Publications: 14915 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
Yes, but I would recommend starting from one of the available tomcat bundles w/ service support (I think even XAMPP has tomcat w/ service support).

Hi David

thank you for reply.

I didn't get what you mean by "starting from one of the available tomcat bundles" ?

My client already has Liferay installed on a Windows Server 2003 and they want to migrate to Windows Server 2012, I think they'd like to use same installation.

MV.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 8 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 14915 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
Sorry. So from tomcat.apache.org you can download a clean tomcat that has everything to install tomcat as a service on windows. The Liferay bundle, however, does not have that functionality.

Starting with a tomcat that has the service stuff will be easier than trying to make the Liferay bundle run as a windows service.

Ok get it.

That would be ok, my main worry was to be sure that Liferay will be "compatible" on Windows Server 2012 so that support will not be broken when migrating to their new environment