Forums de discussion

[Liferay 6.2 GA4 CE] Error while deploy portlet plugin

thumbnail
Gianluca Pindinelli, modifié il y a 8 années.

[Liferay 6.2 GA4 CE] Error while deploy portlet plugin

Junior Member Publications: 33 Date d'inscription: 17/03/10 Publications récentes
Hi all!
I have a problem during the deployment of any portlet on Liferay 6.2 GA4 CE (tomcat bundle, clean installation): the error is:

ERROR [liferay/hot_deploy-1][SerialDestination:68] Unable to process message {destinationName=liferay/hot_deploy, response=null, responseDestinationName=null, responseId=null, payload=null, values={groupId=0, command=deploy, companyId=0, servletContextName=xxxx-portlet}}
com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.MessageListenerException: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.BaseMessageListener.receive(BaseMessageListener.java:32)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.InvokerMessageListener.receive(InvokerMessageListener.java:72)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.SerialDestination$1.run(SerialDestination.java:65)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$WorkerTask._runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:682)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$WorkerTask.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:593)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at java.io.Reader.<init>(Reader.java:78)
	at java.io.InputStreamReader.<init>(InputStreamReader.java:72)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.StringUtil.read(StringUtil.java:2078)
	at com.liferay.resourcesimporter.util.PluginPackageProperties.<init>(PluginPackageProperties.java:38)
	at com.liferay.resourcesimporter.messaging.ResourcesImporterHotDeployMessageListener.initialize(ResourcesImporterHotDeployMessageListener.java:53)
	at com.liferay.resourcesimporter.messaging.ResourcesImporterHotDeployMessageListener.onDeploy(ResourcesImporterHotDeployMessageListener.java:86)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.HotDeployMessageListener.doReceive(HotDeployMessageListener.java:55)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.BaseMessageListener.receive(BaseMessageListener.java:26)
	... 5 more
</init></init></init>

The error appear after the message "n portlet for xxxx-portlet are available for use" and all portlets continue to work properly.

Why the error occurs and how to fix it?

Thank you in advance! ;)
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, modifié il y a 8 années.

RE: [Liferay 6.2 GA4 CE] Error while deploy portlet plugin

Liferay Legend Publications: 3089 Date d'inscription: 28/10/08 Publications récentes
Hi Gianluca,

this seems very weird. Looking at the stacktrace seems that is related with ResourcesImporter. Which type of portlets did you try to deploy?
thumbnail
Gianluca Pindinelli, modifié il y a 8 années.

Junior Member Publications: 33 Date d'inscription: 17/03/10 Publications récentes
Juan Gonzalez:
Hi Gianluca,

this seems very weird. Looking at the stacktrace seems that is related with ResourcesImporter. Which type of portlets did you try to deploy?

Hi Juan,

all portlets are Spring MVC 4(.1.5) portlets.

Regards.
wei cheng, modifié il y a 7 années.

New Member Envoyer: 1 Date d'inscription: 21/06/16 Publications récentes
I am running into the same issue when I trying to import activiti-explorer.war
thumbnail
Jan Geißler, modifié il y a 8 années.

Liferay Master Publications: 735 Date d'inscription: 05/07/11 Publications récentes
On first glance:
Did u try something with the resource importer, and are trying to import from a file which actually does not exist?
Wendy Linker, modifié il y a 8 années.

New Member Publications: 3 Date d'inscription: 06/02/15 Publications récentes
I am running into the same issue I believe. Here is a little more info for anyone else who may be looking into this. I haven't been able to locate what is causing the error yet.

My portlets are all Spring MVC 3 portlets. Error only started showing up in log after upgrading to Liferay 6.2 GA4 CE (from Liferay 6.1.0 GA1 CE ). Error does not get thrown if I upgrade to Liferay 6.2 GA2 or Liferay 6.2 GA3 instead.

I haven't seen any ill effects from the error message yet, but it does concern me a little since we were hoping to upgrade to this release in production.

Has anyone had any luck tracking down what is causing this (or seen any potential issues resulting from the error)?

Thanks.
thumbnail
James Falkner, modifié il y a 8 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 1399 Date d'inscription: 17/09/10 Publications récentes
Wendy Linker:
I am running into the same issue I believe. Here is a little more info for anyone else who may be looking into this. I haven't been able to locate what is causing the error yet.

My portlets are all Spring MVC 3 portlets. Error only started showing up in log after upgrading to Liferay 6.2 GA4 CE (from Liferay 6.1.0 GA1 CE ). Error does not get thrown if I upgrade to Liferay 6.2 GA2 or Liferay 6.2 GA3 instead.

I haven't seen any ill effects from the error message yet, but it does concern me a little since we were hoping to upgrade to this release in production.

Has anyone had any luck tracking down what is causing this (or seen any potential issues resulting from the error)?

Thanks.

This sounds like LPS-55202. You could verify this by making the fix to the resources-importer plugin, recompiling and redeploying.
Wendy Linker, modifié il y a 8 années.

New Member Publications: 3 Date d'inscription: 06/02/15 Publications récentes
Thanks James. That was it. I had to adjust the code slightly. The fix you pointed me to still failed periodically. (I assume the servletcontext is getting removed between the null check and when it was being used in the code.) I ended up adding a try/catch block to handle.

Thanks again.