Forums de discussion

Setting Role permissions to use Control Panel portlets

E S, modifié il y a 13 années.

Setting Role permissions to use Control Panel portlets

Junior Member Publications: 38 Date d'inscription: 21/04/10 Publications récentes
Hi,

I am working on creating a new set of roles for my users. One specific role I am working on is a Content Editor role, which I would like to give access to some specific portlets that show up in the control panel, such as Web Content, and a few custom portlets I created. I have added portlet permissions for the Web Content portlet to this role, yet nothing new displays in the Control for Users assigned that role. Is there some portal permission or other setting that needs to be set in order to make those available?

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks!
Eric
Sean Coffey, modifié il y a 13 années.

RE: Setting Role permissions to use Control Panel portlets

New Member Publications: 12 Date d'inscription: 28/03/11 Publications récentes
I had the same problem here: https://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/8039528?_19_redirect=%2Fcommunity%2Fforums%2F-%2Fmessage_boards%2Fsearch%3F_19_redirect%3D%26_19_breadcrumbsCategoryId%3D239390%26_19_breadcrumbsMessageId%3D8053425%26_19_searchCategoryId%3D239390%26_19_threadId%3D8039412%26_19_keywords%3Dpermissions%2Bnot%2Bworking%2Bcontrol%2Bpannel

but I still can't get the permissions (actions) to actually function through the control panel. They work if I put them in the xml file though, but that is not the functionality we were looking for. I will post a solution when I find it, if no one else does. Of course, if I don't find it by tomorrow, we are canning liferay.
thumbnail
Thiago Leão Moreira, modifié il y a 13 années.

RE: Setting Role permissions to use Control Panel portlets

Liferay Legend Publications: 1449 Date d'inscription: 10/10/07 Publications récentes
Hey Eric,

Have you added the permission "Control Panel > Web Content > Access in Control Panel to your role?? Be sure to select "Web Content" under the "Control Panel" section on the dropdown of "Define Permission".

Hope this helps

Pièces jointes: