Forums de discussion

Refresh portlet to obtain session variable

Ng SG, modifié il y a 13 années.

Refresh portlet to obtain session variable

Junior Member Publications: 27 Date d'inscription: 16/04/10 Publications récentes
Hi,

Currently i am developing a portlet A and portlet B where change on drop down list in portlet A will set the session variable and will be reflected in portlet B. The change will be reflect when the webpage is refresh. However, i hope to just refresh portlet B and not to refresh whole page to obtain the newly set session variable. Is there any way to accomplish this? thanks.

Best Regards,
NG
thumbnail
Felix J Christy, modifié il y a 13 années.

RE: Refresh portlet to obtain session variable

Regular Member Publications: 111 Date d'inscription: 26/08/09 Publications récentes
Hi,

It is related with the process action and rendering of the portlet, whenever you are submitting any form on any portlet, its process action method called, but after then, all portlets' render will also be called by the portlet container,

In your case, on changing value of the dropdown, call the render method and not the process action,

try using AJAX + render() combination! that will help!!!!

Cheers,
Felix
Ng SG, modifié il y a 13 années.

RE: Refresh portlet to obtain session variable

Junior Member Publications: 27 Date d'inscription: 16/04/10 Publications récentes
Felix J Christy:
Hi,

It is related with the process action and rendering of the portlet, whenever you are submitting any form on any portlet, its process action method called, but after then, all portlets' render will also be called by the portlet container,

In your case, on changing value of the dropdown, call the render method and not the process action,

try using AJAX + render() combination! that will help!!!!

Cheers,
Felix

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. Is there any example on how to call render method as i am already using AJAX way to capture the onchange action of portlet A? Thanks for your help anyway.

Best regards,
NG