Forums de discussion

Manually importing users into the liferay 5.2 database.

Burton Wynne, modifié il y a 14 années.

Manually importing users into the liferay 5.2 database.

New Member Envoyer: 1 Date d'inscription: 28/04/10 Publications récentes
Currently the development team that I am on is exploring the possibility of importing liferay users manually from our own data store. Does anyone know all of the tables we would have to populate in the liferay 5.2 database in order to 'create' a user in the same way a user would be created if it were to be created via the portal?

thanks in advance,
Burton Wynne Jr.
thumbnail
Rutvij A Shah, modifié il y a 14 années.

RE: Manually importing users into the liferay 5.2 database.

New Member Publications: 13 Date d'inscription: 17/11/09 Publications récentes
There are plenty of tables involved in 'proper' import. Easy solution is import users in CSV file and use Liferay Webservice to read CSV file and create user ( which will make sure referential integrity of DB and users will be created same way as they created using UI).

1.Import users to CSV
2.Generate WSDL Stubs from Liferay WSDL URL ( pretty easy using Eclipse)
3.Use User Service to generate users referring details from CSV.
Vijay Srivastava, modifié il y a 13 années.

RE: Manually importing users into the liferay 5.2 database.

New Member Publications: 22 Date d'inscription: 02/08/10 Publications récentes
Rutvij A Shah:
There are plenty of tables involved in 'proper' import. Easy solution is import users in CSV file and use Liferay Webservice to read CSV file and create user ( which will make sure referential integrity of DB and users will be created same way as they created using UI).

1.Import users to CSV
2.Generate WSDL Stubs from Liferay WSDL URL ( pretty easy using Eclipse)
3.Use User Service to generate users referring details from CSV.

Hi,

Am not clear about step #2. Can you pls help me with an example. Basically I want to import users from an existing users table to liferay users table. Or may b can I use my own users table as an extension to liferay's user table?. Pls adivice.

regards