Forums de discussion

Call to all translators: Get your translations ready for Liferay 6!!

thumbnail
Julio Camarero, modifié il y a 14 années.

Call to all translators: Get your translations ready for Liferay 6!!

Liferay Legend Publications: 1668 Date d'inscription: 15/07/08 Publications récentes
Hi translators!

Liferay 6 Release candidate will be released most likely today or tomorrow and the General Availability Release will probably be out in three weeks time or less.

So, now is the perfect moment to review the translation for your language.

Some reminders:
  • You just have to modify the file Language_**.properties.native (Thanks to Olaf, you will find the "(Automatic Translation)" or "(Automatic Copy)" text in most of the new keys which will help you to find easily the latest changes)
  • You can find the latest version of your translation file here: svn://svn.liferay.com/repos/public/portal/trunk/portal-impl/src/content (user: "guest" with no password). More info here
  • Open a ticket in JIRA called "Improvement to ** Language", and upload your translation file there: Please, provide the Language_**.properties.native and if possible the diff file for this file (You just need to do svn diff in your console)
  • Click in the left menu: Contribute solution
  • Post a message in this category letting us know that your work is ready to be committed.

Thanks a lot Everyone! emoticon

Edited: Added the "Contribute solution" step....
thumbnail
Mikel Goikoetxea, modifié il y a 14 années.

RE: Call to all translators: Get your translations ready for Liferay 6!!

Junior Member Publications: 54 Date d'inscription: 16/03/10 Publications récentes
Buenas Julio,

Las traducciones al Euskera ya están disponibles en http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-8965

Un saludo
thumbnail
Milan Jaroš, modifié il y a 14 années.

Expert Publications: 268 Date d'inscription: 18/08/08 Publications récentes
Hi,
I've contributed [#LPS-8973] Improvement to Czech Language.

For all: Please, note that automatically translated (Automatic Copy) strings are not all of strings that should be translated. Because of some error it generated about 50 strings to translate for Czech language. But after comparison of keys with English version I've got much and much more (patch has about 172 kB emoticon ).

With the best regards,
Milan
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Publications: 1668 Date d'inscription: 15/07/08 Publications récentes
Thanks a lot Mikel and Milan!

Both languages are update now emoticon
thumbnail

Milan Jaroš:
Hi,
For all: Please, note that automatically translated (Automatic Copy) strings are not all of strings that should be translated. Because of some error it generated about 50 strings to translate for Czech language. But after comparison of keys with English version I've got much and much more (patch has about 172 kB emoticon ).

Thanks for finding this, Milan. It has been resolved in LPS-9031 and now you will be able to find all the new keys with the chain "(Automatic Copy)" or "(Automatic Translation)" in your native.properties file

Cheers!
thumbnail
Björn Ryding, modifié il y a 14 années.

Liferay Master Publications: 582 Date d'inscription: 16/05/07 Publications récentes
Hi Julio,

LPS-9078 has an updated Swedish translation that include the language keys "introduced" in LPS-9031.

Cheers,
Björn
thumbnail

Awesome job Björn!

Thanks a lot, it is commited now emoticon
thumbnail
Björn Ryding, modifié il y a 14 années.

Liferay Master Publications: 582 Date d'inscription: 16/05/07 Publications récentes
Hi Julio,

I just updated the Swedish translation (LPS-8981).

Cheers,
Björn
thumbnail
Tobias S. Käfer, modifié il y a 14 années.

Regular Member Publications: 128 Date d'inscription: 28/03/08 Publications récentes
Julio Camarero:

• You can find the latest version of your translation file here: svn://svn.liferay.com/repos/public/portal/trunk/portal-impl/src/content (user: "guest" with no password). More info here

It would be nice, if one could access subversion through https.
I am forced to access the internet via a proxy, therefore
svn svn://svn.liferay.com/repos/public/portal/trunk/portal-impl/src/content --username guest
and
svn http://svn.liferay.com/repos/public/portal/trunk/portal-impl/src/content --username guest
don't work. Our infrastructure cannot be configurated to allow http access for svn (that's what the admins keep telling me).

I have to use something like JAP or Tor, but that is very slow and it violates our company network rules (I have the permission to do such workarounds, but it is not very nice to do so). And plus there are possibly some security issues.

It normally works if there is the option to use https since the whole traffic is encrypted and no proxy interference is done.
thumbnail
Corné A, modifié il y a 14 années.

Final 6.0 Preview Dutch Translations ready

Liferay Legend Publications: 1313 Date d'inscription: 03/10/06 Publications récentes
Final 6.0 Preview Dutch Translations ready

http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-9042

Greetings,
Corné
Pantheon automatisering
thumbnail

RE: Final 6.0 Preview Dutch Translations ready

Liferay Legend Publications: 1313 Date d'inscription: 03/10/06 Publications récentes
sorry i patched some more
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modifié il y a 14 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 6403 Date d'inscription: 23/09/08 Publications récentes
Corné A:
sorry i patched some more

Lol - wasn't it obvious? That's what always happens when one calls something "final"? ;-)

sorry, couldn't resist
thumbnail

Olaf Kock:

Lol - wasn't it obvious? That's what always happens when one calls something "final"? ;-)

sorry, couldn't resist

A dutch proverb
De wens is de vader van de gedachte

Believing something because you want it to be.

I suppose tedious tasks never become final , that makes them tedious, not?
thumbnail

Haha, thanks a lot Corné! It is committed now .
thumbnail
Ashitaba YOSHIOKA, modifié il y a 14 années.

Junior Member Publications: 27 Date d'inscription: 18/11/09 Publications récentes
Hi Julio,

I updated Japanese language pack.

LPS-9097

Best regards,
YOSHIOKA Ashitaba
thumbnail
Miles Huang, modifié il y a 14 années.

Junior Member Publications: 29 Date d'inscription: 31/08/05 Publications récentes
Hi Julio,

I updated Chinese(zh_CN) language pack at LPS-9112.

There is only one key I left "Automatic Translation"

add-offering

Because I can't find out where it is referenced, it's hard to guess its semantic. If the key is still used anywhere, please give me some guide to find out the phrase's real meaning.

Best Regards,

Miles.
thumbnail

Thanks a lot Miles and Ashitaba!

they are both committed now.

(The add-offering key, I think it was used from a plugin, but I don't remember which one now. I think it was used to add different services that a customer could buy).
thumbnail
Ashitaba YOSHIOKA, modifié il y a 14 années.

Junior Member Publications: 27 Date d'inscription: 18/11/09 Publications récentes
Hi Julio,

I updated Japanese language pack again because there are new keys I couldn't find before.

I've attached new files on LPS-9097 .
Followings are newly attached files.
1) Language_ja.properties.native.0427
2) Language_ja.properties.native.r51126.diff

Best regards,
YOSHIOKA Ashitaba
thumbnail

Thanks a lot Ashitaba! It's committed now emoticon
thumbnail
Miles Huang, modifié il y a 13 années.

Junior Member Publications: 29 Date d'inscription: 31/08/05 Publications récentes
Hi Julio,

The resource bundle file have added many new keys since the last commit.
I have updated the Chinese translation and the new patch file has been uploaded to the original LPS-9112.

Best Regards,
Miles.
thumbnail
Julio Camarero, modifié il y a 13 années.

Thanks a lot Miles, it has been already committed to trunk. emoticon
thumbnail
Borxa Varela Bouzas, modifié il y a 14 années.

Junior Member Publications: 69 Date d'inscription: 26/12/06 Publications récentes
What's the difference between Language_**.properties.native and Language_**.properties only?

They look like two files with the same content.
thumbnail
Milan Jaroš, modifié il y a 14 années.

Hi,
problem is with non-ASCII characters, see Translating Liferay to a New Language. If your language uses only ASCII you will not see any differences.

Example of native sentence in Czech:
Příliš žluťoučký kůň úpěl ďábelské ódy.

native2ascii:
P\u0159\u00edli\u0161 \u017elu\u0165ou\u010dk\u00fd k\u016f\u0148 \u00fap\u011bl \u010f\u00e1belsk\u00e9 \u00f3dy.

Regards,
Milan
thumbnail

Hi Borxa,

the .properties are ASCII, and the .properties.native are UTF8.

You should always work on the .native files and ignore the .properties, because characters non-ascii like ñ, ç, or many others won't be displayed properly. In Japanese or Chinese translations, for example, the difference is even bigger as all of their characters are non-ascii.

In addition, in the .native files you will find all the new keys from your last update flagged with the text "(Automatic copy)" so that they are easier for you to find.

I hope this helps!

Edited: Oops... I just saw Milan's answer... thanks a lot Milan!!! (sorry for answering again the same)
thumbnail
Borxa Varela Bouzas, modifié il y a 13 années.

Junior Member Publications: 69 Date d'inscription: 26/12/06 Publications récentes
emoticon Sorry for the inconvenience... I must read a little more, before ask.

I use a languague with non-ASCII characters, but my IDE show it "good". Before understand this little problem (thanks both), i will prepare and submit the galician language transaltion.
thumbnail
Milan Jaroš, modifié il y a 13 années.

It's okay. emoticon Feel free to ask for everything.
thumbnail

Hi,
do you know somebody who can maintain German language? I've looked randomly into Language_de and there 25 times (Automatic copy) and 100 missing strings.

Regards,
Milan
Mazhar Anwar, modifié il y a 13 années.

Regular Member Publications: 125 Date d'inscription: 05/02/10 Publications récentes
Hi All,

Its very Nice to see Hindi and Persian in Liferay6. I would like to add Urdu as well(As this is Right to Left).

How can I start? emoticon

Regards,
Mazhar
thumbnail

Hi Mazhar,

you have a lot of info here: Translating Liferay to a new language

feel free to ask anything you don't understand!

cheers!
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modifié il y a 13 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 6403 Date d'inscription: 23/09/08 Publications récentes
Milan Jaroš:
Hi,
do you know somebody who can maintain German language? I've looked randomly into Language_de and there 25 times (Automatic copy) and 100 missing strings.

Oops - I thought that this has just been taken care of - I'll take a look. Might be that it just isn't committed, but I have to dig for the issue.
thumbnail
Tobias S. Käfer, modifié il y a 13 années.

Regular Member Publications: 128 Date d'inscription: 28/03/08 Publications récentes
Olaf Kock:
Milan Jaroš:
Hi,

Oops - I thought that this has just been taken care of - I'll take a look. Might be that it just isn't committed, but I have to dig for the issue.

I did the translation. But as you can see, there have been added some properties afterwards:
SVN DIFF

That is too bad. I thought it would be stable, as Julio Camarero did the initial post.

So the question is:
Is there any kind of feature freeze or deadline? Or does one have to look over and over again, until the Liferay 6 version is released?

So it would be better to have a stable file that the translation should be based of.

I do another translation for the German language. Let's see how long this will be up to date.
thumbnail

Tobias S. Käfer:

I do another translation for the German language. Let's see how long this will be up to date.

So there it is:
See JIRA Issue LPS-9471
thumbnail

Tobias S. Käfer:

Is there any kind of feature freeze or deadline? Or does one have to look over and over again, until the Liferay 6 version is released?

So it would be better to have a stable file that the translation should be based of.

Ok, go ahead. Just fyi: I had LPS-9268 in mind, as I remembered that Iris from our office did some more work after you did your original translation for Julio's post.
thumbnail

Hi Tobias,

I am very sorry about this. This was supposed to be stable but I guess it has been inevitable to add some more strings.

We are still adding accessibility and workflow improvements and those may have created new strings.

Thanks a lot for updating your translation again.
thumbnail
Ashitaba YOSHIOKA, modifié il y a 13 années.

Hi Julio,

I've updated Japanese language pack again right now.
There were new many keys since I had updated before.

I've attached new files on LPS-9097 .
News files are as below.

1) Language_ja.properties.native.0517
2) Language_ja.properties.native.r52839.diff

p.s.
I totally agree with Tobias.
"So it would be better to have a stable file that the translation should be based of."

Best regards,
YOSHIOKA Ashitaba
thumbnail

Thanks a lot Ashitaba, it is committed now emoticon
thumbnail

Julio Camarero:
Hi Tobias,

I am very sorry about this. This was supposed to be stable but I guess it has been inevitable to add some more strings.

We are still adding accessibility and workflow improvements and those may have created new strings.

Thanks a lot for updating your translation again.

Another update for German Translation: see http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-10305
thumbnail

Milan Jaroš:
(...)and 100 missing strings.

Hm, I always thought that just translating what's there would be sufficient, as the build process itself will look for missing entries and either add automatic translations or copy the entry to the native language file. How can it happen that there are entries missing? Or am I wrong with this scenario?

Either way, I think this is the way it should be. There should be no missing entries - that's what all that automagic copying and translating is about.
thumbnail

Hi Olaf,

there was a bug making that those strings that were not automatically translated but copied were not added to the native files.

It should be fixed since 15th April: http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-9031

By the way, german language has automatic translation, so this bug shouldn't affect it... there shouldn't be missing strings.
thumbnail
Corné A, modifié il y a 13 années.

Julio,
Could there be a final call before the stable release?

So we have some time left for our definite commits.
thumbnail

I agree. This would be great to know at least one day before.

We have prepared Czech translation but it is not committed yet...
thumbnail

Corné A:
Julio,
Could there be a final call before the stable release?

So we have some time left for our definite commits.

Thumb up for that one!

I just did some additional translation, since I known how Liferay did release a new version in the past, all of a sudden there the new version was and some translations have not been done...

I had great expectations as this thread started, that this process would have improved. So don't mess up with my expectations ;)
thumbnail

Hi guys,

you are totally right about this. I will try to do my best to let you know the date of the finale release, although it is not very easy.

The internal date for the "code freezing" is next Thursday 25th June. Anything that you send me before of that day will be in the release 100% sure. (As this date is internal, it may change slightly, but I will let you know if this happens).

Anything you send me after that day, I will try to commit it as soon as possible (translations are not affected by the code freezing) but I can not guarantee 100% that they will be included because several days after that, the release will be out.

Thanks everyone for your patience!
Olivier Bonnet-Torrès, modifié il y a 13 années.

Regular Member Publications: 162 Date d'inscription: 11/07/08 Publications récentes
Hi Julio,
I submitted some time ago partial improvements to the French translation (http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-9365).
This definitely is a work in progress and I do not claim it final!
I submitted them as a patch to the .properties file (not the native) with valid encoding.
Unfortunately we will not have time to backport these to the .native file before that date.
Cheers!
thumbnail

Olivier Bonnet-Torrès:
I submitted them as a patch to the .properties file (not the native) with valid encoding.
Unfortunately we will not have time to backport these to the .native file before that date.
Cheers!

Should be as simple as
native2ascii -reverse -encoding UTF-8 Language_fr.properties Language_fr.properties.native
;-)
(note: command typed from memory - if it erases your hard disk or does other weird stuff, I deny any liability)
thumbnail

Should be as simple as
native2ascii -reverse -encoding UTF-8 Language_fr.properties Language_fr.properties.native
;-)
(note: command typed from memory - if it erases your hard disk or does other weird stuff, I deny any liability)

Thanks a lot Olaf! That worked like a charm!

I just updated the french translation, Thanks a lot Olivier!
It would be great if the next time you create your JIRA ticket , you also post a message here so that we get notified about it.

Cheers!
thumbnail
Ashitaba YOSHIOKA, modifié il y a 13 années.

Hi Julio,

I updated Japanese translation again because there were so many new keys in svn(rev56202).
And attached new two files on LPS9097.

1) Language_ja.properties.native.0624
2) diff_with_svn56202.diff

Best regards,
YOSHIOKA Ashitaba
thumbnail

Ashitaba YOSHIOKA:
Hi Julio,

I updated Japanese translation again because there were so many new keys in svn(rev56202).
And attached new two files on LPS9097.

1) Language_ja.properties.native.0624
2) diff_with_svn56202.diff

Best regards,
YOSHIOKA Ashitaba

Thanks so much Ashitaba!

It's already in trunk emoticon
thumbnail

Czech translation updated: LPS-10552
thumbnail
Corné A, modifié il y a 13 années.

Updated Dutch /Nederlandic /Nederlands translation
http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-10574