Forums de discussion

Email Notifications for Activities

thumbnail
Pravin Pawar, modifié il y a 13 années.

Email Notifications for Activities

Junior Member Publications: 62 Date d'inscription: 17/11/09 Publications récentes
We are using Social office for our internal projects. In Activities portlets all the recent updates are shown but I think we can't get email notifications for that. Examples like document uploaded, forum & wiki post etc. So is it possible for us to implement this functionality or it's already in-build.

Please let us know as early as possible.

Thanks,
thumbnail
Zankar Shah, modifié il y a 13 années.

RE: Email Notifications for Activities

Regular Member Publications: 106 Date d'inscription: 03/10/07 Publications récentes
For some of them its already built. Like for Wiki, if you have subscribed the wiki then any update on wiki will send you notification. Then any post on Wall send email notification. Membership workflow to restricted community sends notification.
thumbnail
Corné A, modifié il y a 13 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 1313 Date d'inscription: 03/10/06 Publications récentes
AFAIK it's not buildin, as the activity porltet aggregates the data on viewing the portlet and i think an e-mailnotification on activities on your friends on any activity would be a mayor change in all portlets.

I think users would get crazy on the amount of e-mails they would receive;
One could connoct something based on a scheduled run and aggregate the same info based on the activities portlet and send 1 email per day or so;
thumbnail
Pravin Pawar, modifié il y a 13 années.

Junior Member Publications: 62 Date d'inscription: 17/11/09 Publications récentes
Hi Zankar & Corné thanks for a quick replay.

I have manage to write a Notification-Hook for the SocialActivity Model. I have created
SocailActivityListener class & in this class onAfterCreate(Object arg0) method gives us SocialActivity object. With this object I am able to access all the details like groupId, userId, classname etc.

Now the problem is that how should I create the message body text for email notification which is similar to Activities portlet.

e.g. Blogs
Pravin wrote a new blog entry, How a SaaS Model Is Effective for Design, Develop and Market.
1:36 PM

I am unable to get the code for creating such messages according to the type of activity.

In activities portlet view.jsp following code is written for showing the activities.

<liferay-ui:social-activities activities="<%= activities %>" feedEnabled="<%= true %>" feedTitle="<%= LanguageUtil.format(pageContext, &quot;subscribe-to-these-activities&quot;, user.getFirstName()) %>" feedLink="<%= rssURL.toString() %>" feedLinkMessage="<%= LanguageUtil.format(pageContext, &quot;subscribe-to-these-activities&quot;, user.getFirstName()) %>" />
thumbnail
Enrique Valdes Lacasa, modifié il y a 9 années.

Junior Member Publications: 92 Date d'inscription: 29/07/14 Publications récentes
Just in case that this could help, there is a portlet called "Activity Mailer" in the Liferay Marketplace which allows sending notifications from the "Activities" portlet via email. Basically, using the portlet in a specific site, you can select which recent activity to notify about, and then select the users of the site to whom the notifications will be sent. It is free, you can check it out through the following link: https://www.liferay.com/marketplace/-/mp/application/30744596. It is available for: Liferay Portal 6.1 CE GA2+ and Liferay Portal 6.1 EE GA2+.

This could be an interesting solution that at the same time would avoid overloading email inboxes with notifications as Corné Aussems mentioned.