Forums de discussion

After restart, work of 5 month was GONE

Dennis Nes, modifié il y a 14 années.

After restart, work of 5 month was GONE

Junior Member Publications: 55 Date d'inscription: 23/09/09 Publications récentes
Hi,

I am desperate. I worked 5 month on a liferay instance. For going live I changed the one setting in the portal-ext

layout.user.public.layouts.modifiable=false and set the port to 80

After restart, all content, all users, all community were GONE. My own custom developed portlets were still there an also the modified theme.

Please help me to recover

Thanks
thumbnail
Shagul Khaja, modifié il y a 14 années.

RE: After restart, work of 5 month was GONE

Liferay Master Publications: 758 Date d'inscription: 27/09/07 Publications récentes
Hey Dennis,

Which version of Liferay are you using. Did the liferay.home change? Did you restart the instance as a different user?
The settings you have changed should not cause the issue that you are having.

-Shagul

Junior Member Publications: 55 Date d'inscription: 23/09/09 Publications récentes
Hey Shagul, thanks for your help. I use LR 5.2.3 with Glassfish. No, none of the points you mentioned are true

Any other ideas?
thumbnail
Marco Re, modifié il y a 14 années.

Junior Member Publications: 29 Date d'inscription: 30/07/09 Publications récentes
Maybe the sevencogs-hook portlet ?Is this in your context ?

What contents and users you see when you start liferay ?

Marco

Thank you. I use the sevencogs-theme, but the sevencogs-hook is also part of the deployed portlets. The content is the default content with bruno as the admin and the "Welcome to Liferay..." text
thumbnail
Nicolas Grolleau, modifié il y a 14 années.

Junior Member Publications: 90 Date d'inscription: 12/11/09 Publications récentes
ouch...
isn't 7cogs known to reset the database?

WHAT????
Do you have a source for that statement?

Well, I also have a portal instance running in the same liferay, which uses the envsion theme, but those data are also gone. Also, once in a while I restartet the server, when 7cogs was already in place, and it all went very well

it looks like you are right:

sevencooks

I simply can't belive this!!! Why the hell isn't there at least a warning???????

Thank God, I made a snapshot of my liferay folder very day. So is there a trick to somehow recover the data?

Thanks in advance!
thumbnail
Nicolas Grolleau, modifié il y a 14 années.

Junior Member Publications: 90 Date d'inscription: 12/11/09 Publications récentes
There is a warning, but in the administration guide (I think to remember), but I agree, it is a strange idea to put such a "dangerous" thing by default in the bundles.

I'm afraid that what you lost is not files but the content of your database. If you were using a database system and don't have a dump of the database, i'm not very optimistic for you...

Maybe if you're using mac or a recent version of Windows, maybe you could use the time machine or system recovery to recover old version of your database files?
What OS/db are you using?

edit:
ok, here's what's written in the administration guide, it does not really say that you may loose data due to 7 cogs but that you may encounter issues... not sure what it means

There are three applications included in the bundle that you will need to remove.
These three modify Liferay's default behavior in order to make the 7 Cogs application
work properly. Because we want to revert Liferay's behavior back to its defaults for a
clean install, you will want to remove:
• sevencogs-hook
• sevencogs-theme
• wol-portlet
If you forget to undeploy these three applications before you connect Liferay to
your real database, the sample data will be created in your database and may cause is-
sues, especially if you already have data in your database. So you want to make sure
that you get these three applications undeployed before setting up your server. Use
your application server's method for undeploying applications in order to remove
them.

Thanks!

Hail to the ZFS snapshots!!!!

After rollback, simply delete sevencooks-hook
Vilmos Papp, modifié il y a 3 mois.

Regular Member Publications: 131 Date d'inscription: 04/05/09 Publications récentes
Hi Dennis!

Have you successfully recovered your data? Is I know when someone like me recently starts a project with liferay, and search liferay.com what steps to do first, one of the steps told us: remove 7cogs hook, and theme and db data. I guess I found it in the wiki when I started our project.

Liferay is a great software but you will have surprises :-) I spent days to find out why I can't login when I copy my whole liferay instance from one linux to another with the same database snapshot and copy of the data directory. The problem was the JDK as at the source machine was IBM JDK and on the target machine was SUN JDK. Liferay stores some cryptograpich information related to JDK types so this caused lots of headace to me :-)
thumbnail
Alex Wallace, modifié il y a 14 années.

Liferay Master Publications: 640 Date d'inscription: 05/11/07 Publications récentes
This is disastrous... I have a server in amazon with several instances and today, after no action in particular, that I can see, all data in the instances of liferay, except for the main instance, has bee reset to the 7 cogs data... I can't believe such a tool is allowed to be out there!
thumbnail
Shagul Khaja, modifié il y a 14 années.

Liferay Master Publications: 758 Date d'inscription: 27/09/07 Publications récentes
Alex Wallace:
This is disastrous... I have a server in amazon with several instances and today, after no action in particular, that I can see, all data in the instances of liferay, except for the main instance, has bee reset to the 7 cogs data... I can't believe such a tool is allowed to be out there!

You are right. The default behavior should not be to overwrite the database.

-Shagul
thumbnail
Alex Wallace, modifié il y a 14 années.

Liferay Master Publications: 640 Date d'inscription: 05/11/07 Publications récentes
If someone has steps to reproduce it, we should create a JIRA ticket... Otherwise I will try to free up some time to create the steps and open the ticket.

Thanks!
thumbnail
steve rieger, modifié il y a 14 années.

Expert Publications: 436 Date d'inscription: 11/09/06 Publications récentes
this is a known issue, and its the worst one, one that the LR people need to stop,

they should make the 7-cogs data optional. not default.

end of story.