Forums de discussion

MarketPlace and Service Jars...

thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 9 années.

MarketPlace and Service Jars...

Liferay Legend Publications: 14919 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
So I have a great new plugin that I want to release before the Symposium, but there's one part I'm not sure how to handle...

My plugin has a service jar, one that I would encourage all users of my marketplace plugin to take advantage of.

However, unlike an SDK project one might create locally or a local Maven project, my service jar will only be in the deployed plugin's WEB-INF/lib folder.

Now I'm sure I can tell all of my fine users of my plugin that they can just grab the service jar from the deployed plugin, copy to their own project folders and be off and running.

But it brings to mind other issues, i.e. if I ship an update (with a service jar change) to the marketplace and an admin installs the update w/o notifying the developers, then there's all kinds of issues getting all of the plugins based on my service jar updated, ...

Or cases where the devs don't have access to the server where my plugin is deployed, how would they get their hands on the service jar, ...

Hmm, the more I think about this the hairier it seems to get.

Does Liferay have some sort of recommendation about how to deal with this particular scenario?