Forums de discussion

Install AlloyUI

Jason Laurence, modifié il y a 9 années.

Install AlloyUI

New Member Envoyer: 1 Date d'inscription: 14/09/14 Publications récentes
Hello! Im new for programing, and...
I downloaded alloy-2.5.0.zip,
but i dont understand where should i put those folders "scr", "demo", "build" and files "README", "LICENSE", ".alloy.json" in my proyect...

I have read: Get star with AlloyUI

but i dont undertand...

Somebody helpe me? thanks!
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 9 années.

RE: Install AlloyUI

Liferay Legend Publications: 14919 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
My advice - don't do it.

AlloyUI (AUI) is used primarily in the Liferay portal. If you are not doing Liferay development, there are other javascript frameworks out there that will have better documentation and support than AUI has. There's no market for AUI developers out there in the world (unless you're developing for Liferay) so it's not a viable career path.

If you want an old school JS framework that is stable, documented, and has lots of plugins, go with jQuery.

If you want something newer and fresher check out Angular JS or React or any of the other "cool" frameworks.

But don't waste your time on AUI (unless, of course, you're coding for Liferay in which case my response would be completely different).
thumbnail
Drew Brokke, modifié il y a 9 années.

RE: Install AlloyUI

New Member Publications: 12 Date d'inscription: 09/01/14 Publications récentes
Hi Jason!

The key to getting AlloyUI to work in your project is linking to the proper files in your index.html file (or whatever you have named it). It doesn't matter where you put those files as long as the link is correct.

My suggestion would be to unzip the .zip file into its own folder (maybe named 'aui') inside your project folder. All those folders will put themselves in the right place wherever you unzip it.

You might end up with a structure similar to this:

-> Project folder
-----> index.html
-----> aui folder (you can make this folder yourself. This would be one place you could unzip the alloy.zip file)
---------> src folder
---------> build folder
---------> demos folder
---------> README.md
---------> LICENSE.md

Then you would put two lines in the <head> section of your index.html file. It would end up looking something like this:

<script src="aui/build/aui/aui-min.js"></script>
	<link href="aui/build/aui-css/css/bootstrap.min.css" rel="stylesheet">

The first one is pointing the main javascript file that gets AlloyUI working on your page.
The second one is pointing to a stylesheet from the Bootstrap framework, which will help things to look good right off the bat emoticon

Whether you choose to use AlloyUI or you decide to go with a more popular or trendy option like jQuery or Angular, you will probably need to do something very similar to get any of them to work.

Hope this helps!