Forums de discussion

Single Sign On with Liferay and Thirdparty web application

thumbnail
Tejas Shah, modifié il y a 14 années.

Single Sign On with Liferay and Thirdparty web application

New Member Publications: 18 Date d'inscription: 13/07/09 Publications récentes
Hi

I am trying to integrate Liferay with a third party web application using CAS for Authentication. The requirement that I have is that if the user is authenticated in the third party application using CAS, the user shouldnt have to login into liferay again. The user would be accessing the liferay application from the third party application. CAS is set up on the third party application and on Liferay. I am able to login individually into both the applications using CAS, But once I am logged in into the third party application and I access liferay I am again being asked to login.

Is there some configuration required for this?
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, modifié il y a 14 années.

RE: Single Sign On with Liferay and Thirdparty web application

Liferay Legend Publications: 2034 Date d'inscription: 05/03/09 Publications récentes
There is some thing in there about maintaining a session.... Make sure that's checked in your server settings.
Dmitry Lebedev, modifié il y a 14 années.

New Member Publications: 7 Date d'inscription: 08/12/09 Publications récentes
Hello,

We have the same problem. This is our user story:

1. LifeRay is integrated with CAS.
2. There are also other applications using CAS SSO outside of LifeRay.
3. User logs in to some other application with CAS outside of LifeRay.
4. User goes to LifeRay.

Expected result: User sees personal layout, as user is already logged in.
Current result: User sees guest layout. As soon as user clicks "Log In" in the menu
the user is automatically logged in without asking password.

I gues what happens is that LifeRay checks it's own session cookie in the browser and
as such cookie doesn't exist, it considers user not logged in even if CAS cookie is already there.

How did we try to fix it with configuration:
1. We tried to apply CAS filter to all URLs, not just /c/portal/login.

This resulted in the NullPointerException already reported in LPS-3417.
Moreover this solution protects against unauthenticated access but doesn't solve this particular problem. As user is already logged in to CAS, CAS filter neither gives the login screen nor creates the LFR_SESSION_STATE cookie.

2. company.default.home.url=/c/portal/login

This indeed helps with URLs like "/portal". In this case user goes to portal and gets automatically redirected to login.
The login doesn't show anything because user is already logged in to CAS, just creates the LifeRay session. This all
happens invisibly to the user. Good.

Or not so good. What if user decides to go to some exising URL. Then the redirect to default URL doesn't happen and
user is still treated as guest.

================

Summary question: How to reliably forward all unauthenticated users to /c/portal/login ?

Thanks
Dmitry
Anonyme, modifié il y a 14 années.

Envoyer: 1
Hi Experts,

Can we access SAP application using SSO from Liferay.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
thumbnail
Amarnadha Reddy, modifié il y a 14 années.

Junior Member Publications: 27 Date d'inscription: 04/08/09 Publications récentes
Tejas Shah:
Hi

I am trying to integrate Liferay with a third party web application using CAS for Authentication. The requirement that I have is that if the user is authenticated in the third party application using CAS, the user shouldnt have to login into liferay again. The user would be accessing the liferay application from the third party application. CAS is set up on the third party application and on Liferay. I am able to login individually into both the applications using CAS, But once I am logged in into the third party application and I access liferay I am again being asked to login.

Is there some configuration required for this?

Hi Tejas ,

If you succeed for this issue , could you send me the solution plz ...

Regards
abhishek kumar, modifié il y a 8 années.

Regular Member Publications: 138 Date d'inscription: 17/08/15 Publications récentes
hi...
if any one got this solution and how it can be done.
please tel me the steps i have a same requirement.
abhishek kumar, modifié il y a 8 années.

Regular Member Publications: 138 Date d'inscription: 17/08/15 Publications récentes
I got this solutions , if any having a same issue kindly refer this poc.

Pièces jointes: