Forums de discussion

Question about SDK and EXT enviroment.

Indrek Ott, modifié il y a 14 années.

Question about SDK and EXT enviroment.

New Member Publications: 6 Date d'inscription: 26/10/09 Publications récentes
Hello

I have a question about SDK and EXT enviroments. If we decide to move from CE version to EE then is there separate code for SDK and EXT enviroments?
Or can we use our development phase 5.2.3 SDK and 5.2.3 EXT enviroments even if we move to 5.2 EE.

Indrek
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, modifié il y a 14 années.

RE: Question about SDK and EXT enviroment.

Liferay Legend Publications: 2034 Date d'inscription: 05/03/09 Publications récentes
The difference between EE and CE, and why you pay the money, is that bug fixes get rolled in more quickly and you get support from Liferay. Depending on the service level that you opt for, you could have your bug fix in as a little as 24 hours. Other than that, both are, for all intents and purposes, the same platform. You can even take CE, manually apply all the bug fixes, and build your own ersatz-"EE" if you're really *that* motivated. I, quite frankly, am not. It's worth the dollars, in my time alone, not to have to build it myself.

I would recommend though, that you talk to the guys about getting a development instance license. It's quite a bit cheaper than a production license.